Parker Braun transferring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nook Su Kow

Ramblin' Wreck
To the mods....I had a post in this thread removed with a note saying “attacking a player will not be tolerated.”

WTH is that about.?...I haven’t attacked PB at all and don’t begrudge his decision in the least. I’ve pretty clearly stated this. Maybe it’s time to leave this forum.

*might as well throw something out there for the unhinged to celebrate today*

Y’all make being a sidewalk fan very tedious at times.
Lol

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Beat me to it!
He’s a good OLinemen but we struggled to win 7 games. I don’t think he was going to be the difference maker to us being bowl eligible this year. Like I said earlier, I’d we start losing skill players like KB, Howard, Mason, LJ, Graham etc, then I’ll be worried!

Sour grapes, anyone?
The "skill players" aren't going anywhere without the OL.

gtg391z

Jolly Good Fellow
Expect more.

Yep, that's why over recruiting is a must. I hope these players are being upfront about transferring so we have a number to reach for.

This is why you have to give a new coach time. Players that have been here for several years might resent the new culture and transfer. It happens all the time. Good luck to him.

Last edited:

Cam

Helluva Engineer
He was our best player hands down. He’s the kind of player that can make or break a season. Diminishing him and his play simply because he’s moving on is silly.
I think you're reading too much into my post. He's a phenomenal player (we haven't had many first team All-ACC players) and I think we will definitely be worse for losing him, but I don't feel we will lose 3-5 more games because he is transferring. That's not a knock on him, very few people in the history of college football are "make or break a season" players. Lamar Jackson essentially carrying Louisville is a good example of one. Parker is not replaceable and we'll see a big drop off in play at that position, but I believe we have players who can play guard that can mitigate that drop off.

swarmer

Ramblin' Wreck
I think this is just the way of the world with the current transfer rules. I’d bet he wants to go somewhere with a chance to win on the national stage.

Frees up a scholly. Hopefully we can back fill a grad or talented young buck. OL is definitely thin

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
I hope PB finds what he is seeking where ever that may be. He has been a great player for us. He will also be a fellow GT alum. I have a greater appreciation for the institute now than when I was a student. Sorry to see him go but best wishes for him.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
TPTB on here can CENSOR all they want. That doens't change the fact that the departure of this particular player begins to prove that CPJ wasn't really appreciably different from Chan. In the long run we'll see that. He was here for himself, and he was well-paid. Georgia Tech granted him the opportunity to prove to the world that his Little Engine That Could called the Under Center Option Offense was viable. Watch how it goes on down the line. Just as Chan has made some anti-Tech statements down the line, you'll hear those from him later. He is sour and sad because we didn't continue to allow him to use us as his personal playground for his option offense philosophies. If I'm wrong later, show me. But don't censor me now for saying what any objective person from the outside would openly suspect.

Agree with a lot of your takes, but I'm just not seeing this one. CPJ can be a salty dude, and I'm sure a lot of things are rubbing him the wrong way (the way NFL scouts and high school coaches, former players are gushing over the new staff). But he has largely stayed supportive of GT. I doubt he had anything to do with Parker's decision.

Deleted member 2897

Honestly this isn't entirely unexpected. I expect most of our attrition is going to come from guys in Parker's place. Guys who have graduated, and are going to play the grad transfer market.

And there are a lot of them I think.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
It is a BIG culture change, & as I posted earlier, a small number of introverted, introspective young men may not take to all the flash & “juice”. Most will, but some won’t.

Also, he may be going to something more than trying to leave something.

No matter. I wish he were staying.

Last edited:

Bamajacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Disappointing news for sure. Appreciate Parker’s tenacity and great play these past three years. He will be missed! Wish him nothing but the best in the future.
Also, I do recall his comments about the low attendance at BDS and agree with his sentiments.

jzgt22

Jolly Good Fellow
Reminds me of Trey Klock. Got his GT degree and went on to Northwestern to get his MBA. I've been told, use what you've got to get what you want. Both young men used their athletic ability to get a top flight education from the institute and owe us nothing as fans. It sucks from our perspective, but why shouldn't Parker be able to use his abilities to further his education elsewhere if it sets him up for future success? Isn't that consistent with the vision of GT? Best of luck Parker! You will be missed!

Deleted member 2897

I figured if we lost him, it would be to the NFL. I think we have like 7-8 other guys who graduate before next fall. Yuck. I honestly don’t understand his decision - he’s a known entity here, but will walk in cold turkey somewhere else with 1 shot to play. But it’s not his job to explain it to me, I don’t own him, and I don’t have to know all the whys. I will really miss him!

Status
Not open for further replies.