Parker Braun transferring

Status
Not open for further replies.

cuttysark

Ramblin' Wreck
Wish him well and am curious where he will land. He has a GT degree and will do well anywhere he goes to play his senior season. Perhaps he wasn't accepted into a particular grad program on the flats. I'll miss him on the video board eating an apple as part of the introductions at BDS.

Frenchise

Ramblin' Wreck
I don’t know if everyone read it but there was a really good post about an introvert culture vs an extrovert culture and how we just became an extreme extrovert culture. It will not surprise me at all if this played a significant role in the decision.
I hate it for the team but I wish Parker all the best

I could see that for current commits - but Parker's got one year left. I wouldn't uproot for a single year due to culture.

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
I’m not gonna cry about any player leaving. I will admit I cried when Kenny left though. Every person should make the best decision for themselves. No different than when Johnson was our coach.

pbrown520

Ramblin' Wreck
WTF are you even talking about? He's not leaving because of the offense, I don't care what he says to Quinlan. I would be willing to bet that he has some issue with the staff and doesn't want to say it in the press. You can blame the option all you want, but according to your takes all these option players aren't good anyway.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
If his reasoning is that he wants an offense that will prepare him for the pros, it is possible that he planned to do this all along, regardless and he just thinks there is too much uncertainty here. But I dunno. Smells more like a personality conflict. I don't think it's an option thing. I doubt he transfers to Southern and he ain't joining the military. lol

GTrob21

Helluva Engineer
This one hurts, it really does. He was thought of as the best player on the GT team, and one that i thought had good chance of playing a the next level. With Key coming in, I thought we would retain players like Braun, but he gave three great years!

Congrats to Parker, I hate to see him move on, but everybody should stop griping and stand behind a player who literally moved mountains for GT.

Next up!

Status
Not open for further replies.