Parker Braun transferring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatmike91

Helluva Engineer
Reminds me of Trey Klock. Got his GT degree and went on to Northwestern to get his MBA. I've been told, use what you've got to get what you want. Both young men used their athletic ability to get a top flight education from the institute and owe us nothing as fans. It sucks from our perspective, but why shouldn't Parker be able to use his abilities to further his education elsewhere if it sets him up for future success? Isn't that consistent with the vision of GT? Best of luck Parker! You will be missed!

This - 100%. You nailed it.

/

Madison Grant

Helluva Engineer
Reminds me of Trey Klock. Got his GT degree and went on to Northwestern to get his MBA. I've been told, use what you've got to get what you want. Both young men used their athletic ability to get a top flight education from the institute and owe us nothing as fans. It sucks from our perspective, but why shouldn't Parker be able to use his abilities to further his education elsewhere if it sets him up for future success? Isn't that consistent with the vision of GT? Best of luck Parker! You will be missed!
Not what I heard. Klock supposedly got driven into the ground by the former staff, and got tired of it. So, not the same. The line between regimes has been drawn. Let the debate commence as robust as ever. We can never be 'Tech fans'. We are always split by these regime changes.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
It is a BIG culture change, & as I posted earlier, a small number of introverted, introspective young men may not take to all the flash & “juice”. Most will, but some won’t.

Also, he may be going to something more than trying to leave something.

No matter. I wish he were staying.

Parker is NOT introverted. :D

MacJacket

Helluva Engineer
Helluva player and obviously a helluva student. He'll be missed tremendously. Hope he doesn't end up at UGA or Clemson. The rich do not need any help getting richer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Some posts that were removed were collateral damage. That happens when you quote another post that is the actual offending one. Apologies. No slam on you.

No sweat. I get it. And I’m not opposed to having things scrubbed to keep the peace. The way we receive notifications of these things makes it ambiguous at times.

Have a great day tho and ty for your work playing referee to us crazies :)

TaxJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Helluva player and obviously a helluva student. He'll be missed tremendously. Hope he doesn't end up at UGA or Clemson. The rich do not need any help getting richer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If he does that, then that's the time to get mad at him

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Yeah, this makes absolutely no sense. Even with the atmosphere change, the staff is very seldom around the players this time of the year. Being only around Carella for 2 weeks and wanting out now especially citing want to be pro ready is major head scratcher!

With that said, thank you for your time and i wish him the best.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Parker is NOT introverted. :D

Indeed. Just from what I've read and seen, he seems to be a headstrong type who go tired of something here and wanted out. Fan support, new system/coaches, the effort in the bowl game, who knows. But something or someone left a bad impression on him and he wanted to move on. It's too bad - we needed him for next year.

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
If Parker is unpleased with the culture then I think he will have a hard time finding a new home at the Power 5 level cause what Tech is doing is now is pretty much the standard. Maybe Northwestern or Vanderbilt but I just can’t see it. You think Bama takes an introvert approach?

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Yeah, this makes absolutely no sense. Even with the atmosphere change, the staff is very seldom around the players this time of the year. Being only around Carella for 2 weeks and wanting out now especially citing want to be pro ready is major head scratcher!

With that said, thank you for your time and i wish him the best.

There is no logic beyond what we know. Maybe they asked him to play dt

Or. Simply after meeting with collins he just doesn’t want to zone block and is going to ksu.

Who knows. Thx for your time while here

But i do not think his leaving has a thing to do with coaches yellin or rah rah

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
There is no logic beyond what we know. Maybe they asked him to play dt

Or. Simply after meeting with collins he just doesn’t want to zone block and is going to ksu.

Who knows. Thx for your time while here

But i do not think his leaving has a thing to do with coaches yellin or rah rah
Kennesaw State or Wofford could be landing spots for him

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I still remember one of the reasons Parker said he came to Tech: he liked to hit people and we gave him plenty of opportunities to do it on every play. If I had to guess, it was the sudden appearance of push-and-dance blocking schemes that made him decide to transfer.

Given that, I'm still surprised. This is unexpected, to say the least. I hope there aren't too many other members of the OL thinking about joining him. We're losing a - sorry, the - team leader, our only sure All ACC player, and a possible All American. That isn't the way you want to start preparation for a new season. Oth, I'm sure Parker will land on his feet and have a good time playing for someone else.

Thanks for all your time at Tech, Parker! I'll miss seeing you cream opposing D players more then you will know.
Please watch the superbowl. The 2 teams ha
6912.jpeg
ve 4 of top 5 ol men.
Some teams - say Dallas, green bay to the near 100% bear dance - in mass zone block. This is becoming less popular.
New England does it 25% or less. The zone blocking easily morhs into pass blocking. New England pulls shaq to trap or fold about 25%.
If parker bulks up - sure NFL career

TripleTech

Georgia Tech Fan
Once you get past the initial shock, it’s not overly surprising. Degree in hand, check. All star status, check. Can play next season anywhere, check. Probably interest from other programs that aren’t completely overhauling their coaches and offensive scheme. It’s like a kid in a candy store. This is like a gap year where you can pick any place to go for a year and have fun. It’s the perfect situation. Hate that he’s leaving but I am more in the camp that everything is lined up for him to have a ‘what if’ year.

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
I have no idea why Parker is leaving. Needless speculation by fans outside the program never help, until we all get the real facts from reliable source or sources.

In addition, his reason(s) may also be personal. If so, everyone should respect it and refrain from attacking him in any way.

Boy, he has been a good one on the offensive line for Georgia Tech. He will be sorely missed next year.

I wish him all the best of everything possible in the world for him as he pursues his future endeavors.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Trey and sewak were great friends when he left early ??

Status
Not open for further replies.