Parker Braun transferring

Status
Not open for further replies.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
It's better if he has the players that actually want to be here.
Beat me to it!
He’s a good OLinemen but we struggled to win 7 games. I don’t think he was going to be the difference maker to us being bowl eligible this year. Like I said earlier, I’d we start losing skill players like KB, Howard, Mason, LJ, Graham etc, then I’ll be worried!

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Well, not good news, but turnover was to be expected. He earned his GT degree supposedly, so he's free to do whatever he wants. Parker was a great player (one of the best on the team), but he wasn't going to make or break our team next year. A transition year probably wasn't going to be good for his draft stock, so I wish him luck at whatever program he ends up at next.

Also, can we please not turn this into another Johnson vs. Collins thread? It feels like we finally ended that constant bickering a couple days ago and it's been a much more pleasant board.

Edit: I'll add that if this is culture-motivated, it's definitely for the best. The worst thing for us would be to create a locker room divide. You can see the effects of that with the Beamer players all leaving VT right now.

He was our best player hands down. He’s the kind of player that can make or break a season. Diminishing him and his play simply because he’s moving on is silly.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
7400.jpeg

Maybe to much rah rah.
Crickets......
We will see.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
To the mods....I had a post in this thread removed with a note saying “attacking a player will not be tolerated.”

WTH is that about.?...I haven’t attacked PB at all and don’t begrudge his decision in the least. I’ve pretty clearly stated this. Maybe it’s time to leave this forum.

*might as well throw something out there for the unhinged to celebrate today*

Y’all make being a sidewalk fan very tedious at times.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I still remember one of the reasons Parker said he came to Tech: he liked to hit people and we gave him plenty of opportunities to do it on every play. If I had to guess, it was the sudden appearance of push-and-dance blocking schemes that made him decide to transfer.

Given that, I'm still surprised. This is unexpected, to say the least. I hope there aren't too many other members of the OL thinking about joining him. We're losing a - sorry, the - team leader, our only sure All ACC player, and a possible All American. That isn't the way you want to start preparation for a new season. Oth, I'm sure Parker will land on his feet and have a good time playing for someone else.

Thanks for all your time at Tech, Parker! I'll miss seeing you cream opposing D players more then you will know.

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
To the mods....I had a post in this thread removed with a note saying “attacking a player will not be tolerated. WTH is that about....I haven’t attacked PB at all and don’t begrudge his decision in the least. I’ve pretty clearly stated this. Maybe it’s time to leave this forum.

Some posts that were removed were collateral damage. That happens when you quote another post that is the actual offending one. Apologies. No slam on you.

JDjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
To the mods....I had a post in this thread removed with a note saying “attacking a player will not be tolerated.”

WTH is that about.?...I haven’t attacked PB at all and don’t begrudge his decision in the least. I’ve pretty clearly stated this. Maybe it’s time to leave this forum.

They may have just tried to remove a group of posts and yours may have got caught in the middle of it by accident. I wouldn’t worry too much about it since you know you didn’t attack him.

Animal02

Banned
WTF are you even talking about? He's not leaving because of the offense, I don't care what he says to Quinlan. I would be willing to bet that he has some issue with the staff and doesn't want to say it in the press. You can blame the option all you want, but according to your takes all these option players aren't good anyway.
Some people can't help but crap on the last 11 years.:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.