Parker Braun transferring

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
imo its not the culture. the nfl is even more rah rah rah than cgc is. so if it was the culture than the nfl is not for braun either.

i think we will still be running a good bit of the to due to the makeup of the team. we really have no choice. given that i think that 1. he graduated and wants to diversify his education and 2. he wants to go to a team that is NOT IN TRANSITION and a team THAT DOES NOT RUN THE TO half the time, which makes perfect sense to me.

i think that this was planned all along and the regime change really had nothing to do with it. IMO. we as tech fans are over thinking this.

good luck braun.

TheTechGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
He said he wants a better offense to prepare for the nfl. Um right here Parker
That’s pretty clearly a shot at CGC. New coach comes in saying NFL this, NFL that. Best player on team doesn’t like coach, so he transfers. Then states as his reason for leaving, having a better opportunity at another place to do the one thing the new coach is selling.

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
That’s pretty clearly a shot at CGC. New coach comes in saying NFL this, NFL that. Best player on team doesn’t like coach, so he transfers. Then states as his reason for leaving, having a better opportunity at another place to do the one thing the new coach is selling.

problem with your theory is we aint there yet and we wont be next year either if you read coach p's interview. it sounds like we will be running a mishmash of an offense that will clearly NOT be an nfl caliber o next year.

TheTechGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
problem with your theory is we aint there yet and we wont be next year either if you read coach p's interview. it sounds like we will be running a mishmash of an offense that will clearly NOT be an nfl caliber o next year.
Hide your head in whatever sand you need to, doesn’t bother me

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
Hide your head in whatever sand you need to, doesn’t bother me

if you say so. didnt sound like what i read coach p say in the paper.

i prefer to post positive things as opposed to posting conspiracy theories that at the least are divisive and place both player and coach in a bad light.

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Not sure why this is happening. Maybe Parker will share with us at some point. He was a hell of a player and probably one the top 5 offensive guards in college football. Someone is going to get a real good one. Thanks for your time at Tech Parker and best of luck. Hopefully one of the young linemen will step up and get the job done. Next man up!

Go Jackets!

MacJacket

Helluva Engineer
I wonder if Florida, Auburn, or Texas are potential landing spots. Urban/Gus offenses make sense and he could still stick it to the dwags. I'm pretty sure he would be a take for about 95% of P-5 schools.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I think he will go to a school that runs an option offense. This is just my opinion and is not a troll.
When parker was a freshman , I met one of hisex profs at walk up - she said he was a very special student.
Talking to the other ol guys they say he is his own man and it's hard to tell what he is thinking - but it's cool.
His brother also lg was a top of class in ME . Iirc he is doing finance stuff and running marathons.
Last year His mom put up photos on swarm in chrono order .

Glad they came our way.

Always a part of Tech family in my book

No telling what he will do, but he will be excellent.

southernhive

Jolly Good Fellow
Parker will be in the NFL whether he leaves or not. Offensive scheme has nothing to do with his ability to make to the next level. Parker's probably just having a little fun with his NFL comment on his way out the door. I hate to see him leave, but I appreciate his time at GT. He always played hard, went to class, made good grades and stayed out of trouble.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Parker is a Tech Man regardless.

My guess, fwiw, is that was staff related. He liked Sewak and the offense. He could've taken offense at comments that seemed to disparage both.

Not what I heard. Klock supposedly got driven into the ground by the former staff, and got tired of it. ...

Not the sense I get from this, but not worth arguing. I post the link so everyone can decide for themselves.

https://www.ajc.com/sports/college/...ing-from-georgia-tech/RFlqU8ABKPO3Y4E4ocV61L/

Status
Not open for further replies.