Our Offense

stingyoa$$

Jolly Good Fellow
The OB tape from 2009 has been out there for years but 2014 still happened.

There's no secret to stopping the option. The question is can you actually do it. Since CPJ has been here, there have really only been a few times where we were generally shut down. LSU, Iowa, ND, Clemson x2. It's fresh in our minds right now, but if it only happens against Clemson this year, then there's not really a ton to worry about. If this becomes a trend, then I think there is a bigger issue.

You forgot BC. :)

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Yeah, I was a little confused when I read somewhere that CPJ said that Adams was good but needed to lose some weight to get more playing time ??
I don't have his stats in front of me but he looks like the perfect size/shape for a DT/NG, stand your ground, stand-up the OL and plug-up the middle of the line.
He looked very good to me just the way he is !!!

He needs to get quicker and more nimble.....if he can do that without losing lbs great....probably easier done losing some weight though.

Rotfl now this is getting ridiculous. People quoting navy stats outta one side of their mouth and then saying we don't have the jimmies and joes rotfl. So now the navy out recruits us also. So posters on here are a freaking joke.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I will say NAVY has a slight advantage in this way: they don't really have recruiting/scholly limits because every kid on campus has a full ride. They can try a bunch of kids and use the ones that stick. It isn't much, but it is something.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Just for my info, do you understand the difference between not doing your job and doing your job not well enough?
Well, to help you along, I understand that if you are not doing your job "well enough" then by definition you are not doing your job.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
........The ringing of hands after losing to a very very good #5 Clemson team is silly.

Agree that we should not be wringing our hands. I expect to go to a bowl this year and that's it. Hope I'm wrong and we contend for Coastal. But teams winning 3 one season don't win 9 the next very often.

But I don't still know how good we can be. We stole a game from BC who has since face planted against VT and struggled early against Wagner. Then beat two teams that are not power houses, although I think Mercer played the best game of the season when adjusting for talent. Mercer just didn't turn over the ball and made lots of fabulous catches and executed well. Vandy helped us by dropping a few third down passes that Mercer didn't.

Any way @iceeater1969 had it right IMHO, until we get back on track after 2015 with a signature win, there will be questions and increasing discontent.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Not if you ask the recruitniks.

Vandy 4 yr avg recruiting ranking: 40
GT 4 yr avg recruiting ranking : 56

http://www.sbnation.com/college-foo...-rankings-ratings-2015-college-football-teams

LOL, there are stats again. But when you adjust for the 1 extra SEC star awarded to each recruit, we have better talent. (tic)

As CPJ would say, once you get in the mid-range for talent ratings, there isn't a lot of difference. 5 and 4 stars are likely to make a big difference but our and Vandy 3 stars are more development projects.

Still good to know that we did beat an athletically superior or equivalent team.

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
Food for thought. Based on these numbers alone, whose offensive system would you rather run?
Well Boomer, I don't even have to look at the numbers. The way things currently stand the only way we can be competitive is through the triple option. Loosen up the curriculum, pour more money into coaches, recruiting and the other things discussed ad nauseum then I would do the spread option, throw the ball style currently in vogue. But if we did that now, we would be fortunate to win three or four games. Just the way it is. Anyone want to go to the Run and Shoot? Didn't think so.

InsideLB

Helluva Engineer
Who has been stopping Navy dead cold for years? Currently they have the 5th highest rushing yards in the country. They finished 2nd in the country in rushing last year. When Navy has lost, it was because they were outmanned, not because their offense has been stopped.

Precisely. My post was ovet the top sarcasm. No one has ''figured out" the option.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Well Boomer, I don't even have to look at the numbers. The way things currently stand the only way we can be competitive is through the triple option. Loosen up the curriculum, pour more money into coaches, recruiting and the other things discussed ad nauseum then I would do the spread option, throw the ball style currently in vogue. But if we did that now, we would be fortunate to win three or four games. Just the way it is. Anyone want to go to the Run and Shoot? Didn't think so.
Agreed. Our roster isn't built for that right now.

rosebud78

Georgia Tech Fan
I will say NAVY has a slight advantage in this way: they don't really have recruiting/scholly limits because every kid on campus has a full ride. They can try a bunch of kids and use the ones that stick. It isn't much, but it is something.

Im 6'1 and the height/ weight standards for the army as an officer, I had to be below 200lbs. Navy is more lax, but I guarantee you they don't have players over 250 at 6'. Another reason why army loses to navy every year btw.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Anyone want to go to the Run and Shoot? Didn't think so.

Why do people always go straight to the other extreme as if there is no middle ground between what we run now and the run and shoot? Change doesn't always mean going completely away from what you have. Change can be growth, evolution, or refinement instead.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Why do people always go straight to the other extreme as if there is no middle ground between what we run now and the run and shoot? Change doesn't always mean going completely away from what you have. Change can be growth, evolution, or refinement instead.
Coach adds wrinkles every single year. He even added an entire package just for one player a few years ago. I don't get what people are seeing who say CPJ is stubborn and won't change or that we need to innovate or get left behind. Yes, the core principles and plays are the same, but minor changes and nuances can really throw a defense off. Just tweaking the blocking assignments can yield huge results. We seen it time and time again.