Opposing Coach Comments in Athlon

zhavenor

Jolly Good Fellow
why would you not want people to think that?? Let me be clear - I am not advocating dirty play by any means. But I see no harm, and possibly some benefit, to having other teams think that. Psychological warfare. People who are more motivated about protecting their potential pro careers (however much of a pipe dream that may be) than dealing with their assignments would seem to work in our favor.
Because you get enough people thinking its true even though it's not and they will get it made illegal. Its like people believing that alcohol was the cause of all crime and when prohibition started some towns got rid of there jails. You should never allow the propagation of stupidity even if it benefits you short term because long term it will hurt you. Besides, and most importantly, this make GT look really bad.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
why would you not want people to think that?? Let me be clear - I am not advocating dirty play by any means. But I see no harm, and possibly some benefit, to having other teams think that. Psychological warfare. People who are more motivated about protecting their potential pro careers (however much of a pipe dream that may be) than dealing with their assignments would seem to work in our favor.

If coaches tell their players that what we do is dirty, then it makes it more likely that they'll respond dirty.

northgajacket

Banned
If he is gonna trash talk, the least he can do is be man enough and not do it anonymously.

Probably Richt or Foster, either one would be ironic if they call GT players nasty considering they're respective team photos probably have a front shot and a profile shot

northgajacket

Banned
Just found a picture of the coach who was quoted in the publication.

th

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
I realize I'm a bit biased but those of you who are seriously thinking Richt would say something like that really need to get off their little brother horse.

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
Just ban cut blocking all together so they can whine about playing their 3rd string QB by mid season.

I just don't care what other teams think about us. They could run the same offense we do.