Opposing Coach Comments in Athlon

Blumpkin Souffle

Bidly Biddington III
If you think about it, there is no reason for Richt to hate CPJ for publicly known reasons like head to head records, recruiting battles etc, so it would almost have to be various trash talk and FU's that CPJ has said to him in private conversations in the past.
Could be salty about CPJ out-driving him on the golf course.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Yeah well radio hosts are there to get ratings so if you're banking on what a radio host says to save your life you may be out of luck. I find it very difficult to believe he would say anything near that having known the man since he was OC at FSU. In fact I think the whole story is just a magazine writer trying to get readers. A young coach, grad assistant or player maybe said something like that but I don't believe anyone with any real responsibility said it.

Lol So u r saying the radio host who i know, and am friends with who told me this is lying to me to get ratings? Ok man. Whatever.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I can see why Richt wouldn't like CPJ. CPJ has made him look a bit foolish a couple times. Or to be more precise...has made him pay dearly for a couple of foolish play calls. I'm thinking this animosity probably goes back to 2008. :sneaky:

But I agree the quote is probably from an assistant and I'm betting he coaches somewhere in the state of North Carolina. :cigar:

PBR549

Ramblin' Wreck
I can see why Richt wouldn't like CPJ. CPJ has made him look a bit foolish a couple times. Or to be more precise...has made him pay dearly for a couple of foolish play calls. I'm thinking this animosity probably goes back to 2008. :sneaky:

But I agree the quote is probably from an assistant and I'm betting he coaches somewhere in the state of North Carolina. :cigar:
Bottom line is unless someone takes credit for the quote then we can only speculate. If anyone looks logically at the signees and rankings we are pretty much always ranked in the bottom half of the ACC anyway.

I don't say that to put down any specific
player and I don't care too much about rankings anyway.

Bottom line is Athlon needs to sell magazines.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Jim Hart?

Who?

Someone still on the radio today. Why hate cheese. You were jims biggest fan for a while. You would call into the show like jim from auburn. You were like totally all in. Dont act all righteous. We all saw the call in transcripts and chat lines.

Heck you can to our tailgate to meet us. So please man.

Last edited:

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Bottom line is unless someone takes credit for the quote then we can only speculate. If anyone looks logically at the signees and rankings we are pretty much always ranked in the bottom half of the ACC anyway.

I don't say that to put down any specific
player and I don't care too much about rankings anyway.

Bottom line is Athlon needs to sell magazines.

Richt was talking about cut blocking illegally 60 times a game. Not the bottom talent comment

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Who?

Someone still on the radio today. Why hate cheese. You were jims biggest fan for a while. You would call into the show like jim from auburn. You were like totally all in. Dont act all righteous. We all saw the call in transcripts and chat lines.

Heck you can to our tailgate to meet us. So please man.
Strange reaction to a simple question, relax man.

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
who was the coach that was arguing with cpj while the game was going on? seems like it was nc but it could have been puke. if i remember right the opposing coach was making a YUGE to do over a call or none call which drew the ire of paul.

never mind. that was stoops in the bowl game. my guess is cpj has a pretty good idea where this came from and who said it.

Last edited:

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
who was the coach that was arguing with cpj while the game was going on? seems like it was nc but it could have been puke. if i remember right the opposing coach was making a YUGE to do over a call or none call which drew the ire of paul.

never mind. that was stoops in the bowl game. my guess is cpj has a pretty good idea where this came from and who said it.

Talk is cheap. We will see who is pointing at the scoreboard at the end of the game. "...near the bottom of our league..." and other such rubbish. How, pray tell, does this knowledgeable source explain the 9-4 record? Damn, that Johnson got lucky for the second time in three years. What's the world coming to when you can't even depend upon recruiting rankings anymore?

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Richt was talking about cut blocking illegally 60 times a game. Not the bottom talent comment

Richt actually said we cut illegally 60 times a game? What respect I had for him as a coach and a man is greatly diminished if true. What a lying, hypocrite, puss thing to say (for a coach...I understand why dumb fans spout this garbage but no self respecting coach could / should)