Next years QB

cuttysark

Ramblin' Wreck
Not only did MJ win in Blacksburg in his first start, but did so with a true frosh at Center making his first start; another true frosh at left guard; another true frosh at left tackle; and NO DEDRICK MILLS at B-Back. Also, don't forget that VT was going to clinch the Coastal with a win against GT!

In addition, he took a knee on that onside kick at the end of the game that he would have put into the end zone for another TD, as nobody from the Hokies was even in the same zip code when he grabbed that ball and took off! Don't forget that was against the special teams that defined the term: "Beamer Ball!"

I have confidence in MJ leading this team next year

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Not only did MJ win in Blacksburg in his first start, but did so with a true frosh at Center making his first start; another true frosh at left guard; another true frosh at left tackle; and NO DEDRICK MILLS at B-Back. Also, don't forget that VT was going to clinch the Coastal with a win against GT!

In addition, he took a knee on that onside kick at the end of the game that he would have put into the end zone for another TD, as nobody from the Hokies was even in the same zip code when he grabbed that ball and took off! Don't forget that was against the special teams that defined the term: "Beamer Ball!"

I have confidence in MJ leading this team next year
I forgot about that. I was hoping he would've taken that back. I was shocked to see him on special teams.

Jacket4Life9

Jolly Good Fellow
Did MJ not play a full game vs. Miami in 2015? I did not think this years' VT game was his first real action for some reason...

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Jordan brings the punch at Midline. But his passing needs improvement.
Don't forget the qb follow. A lot of guys confuse these two plays but they are different. The qb follow, iiuc, is not an option, but a qb keeper all the way. We rarely did it with JT, but it was a huge play for Nesbitt, Washington and Byerly. It has been and will be huge for MJ.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
The Hawaii formations , terms and plays look the same ( QB under center, BB dive, ab motion). Seems like only difference is we are only passing if run fails.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
The Hawaii formations , terms and plays look the same ( QB under center, BB dive, ab motion). Seems like only difference is we are only passing if run fails.
I don't think so. CPJ loves to burn a D when they start peeking into the backfield and forget about the wr or the Aback in the seam. The Bback on the wheel is another one he loves to spring on 'em. These plays are successful when the run is working. The D adjusts, overplays the run then bam.......

GTech63

Helluva Engineer
The Hawaii formations:
Blocking techniques were interesting to me. There are 6, only two say leave your feet, Cut and backside cut off. Seems to me accepted blocking today is grab by both shoulders without gripping jersey, don't throw down, or turn them, hang on and no holding will get called. Also seems to me our downfield blockers leave their feet two often instead of staying on there feet and staying in the way of the defender.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
The Hawaii formations:
Blocking techniques were interesting to me. There are 6, only two say leave your feet, Cut and backside cut off. Seems to me accepted blocking today is grab by both shoulders without gripping jersey, don't throw down, or turn them, hang on and no holding will get called. Also seems to me our downfield blockers leave their feet two often instead of staying on there feet and staying in the way of the defender.
By he bye as somebody said once, were you aware that Bear Bryant once famously said that if he could coach the team during the week -- prepare that is -- and Bobby Dodd coach the game, "We'd never lose." i believe him.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I don't think so. CPJ loves to burn a D when they start peeking into the backfield and forget about the wr or the Aback in the seam. The Bback on the wheel is another one he loves to spring on 'em. These plays are successful when the run is working. The D adjusts, overplays the run then bam.......
I think jt was a great qb who could quickly get a pass off while on the move. His height was a limiting factor but he could see the future and the ball was gone.
In uk game several times his passes were slightly out of the range of our current receivers. If we have a qb that can run ok and pass very well, we could see the pass first option on some series just because we can.

As for me I say make them stop the TO

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer
He did play almost the whole, if not the whole game IIRC

Thomas played the first series, Jordan the rest. Like in the VT game this year, Jordan mostly kept the ball himself, but moved the ball effectively. The only major flaw in that game was that it was played in the rain, and we had 9 fumbles! Jordan himself was credited with 6 fumbles, 1 lost.

RUSHING
No. Gain Loss Net TD Lg Avg.
Matthew Jordan 28 90 30 60 1 10 2.1

PASSING Cmp-Att-Int Yds TD Long Sack
Matthew Jordan 4-8-1 59 0 22 1