Next years QB

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
If anyone besides Matt Jordan is named starter, it will be a long year. Even Justin Thomas was on the bench for his first two years....
Just because JT was on the bench for two years doesn't mean he couldn't have done it well year 1. Do you remember a guy by the name of Nesbit? I agree it's nice to have a guy in the system for a couple years first but some guys just "have" it and we might have one of those guys on our team I just don't know.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Watch the Virginia Tech highlights and tell me it won't be Matthew Jordan.

Playing on the road against the #15 team in the country, MJ rushes for 142 yards and 2 touchdowns, and passes for 34 yards and no INT's.

I look at a guy like Will Worth for Navy... He and Matthew Jordan seem to be similar size, similar skills, etc. Although Jordan is an inch taller, a little thicker, and I would argue faster than Will Worth. Worth ran for over 1,300 yards and passed for over 1,300 yards. He executed this offense to perfect for Navy this year. They scored a TON of points with him under center.

45 points
75 points
66 points
42 points
45 points
42 points
46 points
52 points
That was Well Worth the look! ;)

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
If MJ ends up being the starting QB, it will be good news for Mills. Having a QB who can run between the tackles will make things pretty difficult for the defense when DM is the other guy slamming forward every play. Things are going to open up in there. It is pretty tough to commit to stopping two legit inside options when a third option still exists.

This! I am so stoked about the possibilities this creates for CPJ, if teams commit to stopping Mills and MJ then we are going to absolutely kill on the edge plays

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
Lucas Johnson has the most overall potential because of passing ability, but even that is making an assumption. I've never seen TaQuon Marshall throw a football. I know he is an explosive athlete and runner, but can he make the throws? I read from the spring practices that even with no experience at the position or the offense that he was making all the big plays.

From what i've seen of his passing in spring scrimmage and pre-game warmups his future is at AB

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
What if Lucas Johnson can run the midline at 90% of MJ and can pass at 120% of Mj?
Coach will figure it out and probably decide on a metric of which we have no knowledge.
Imo unless we start off and continue awesome, we need two guys to play some no matter who starts.

BleedingGold

Jolly Good Fellow
If anyone besides Matt Jordan is named starter, it will be a long year. Even Justin Thomas was on the bench for his first two years....
He was a RS his first year because he had a Senior and the supposed savior of the offense in front of him. There was no way he was playing that year. Doesn't mean a younger QB can't run the offense.