New Movies

slugboy

Staff member
Topic: Die Hard is a great Christmas movie.

Discuss.

Side note - I'm at an old haunt and my buddy just reminded me that Die Hard 2, Gremlins, and Trading Places are also Christmas movies.

Trading Places is one for the ages.
Nightmare before Christmas is more of a Halloween movie, but it’s so fun
I just finished “A Charlie Brown Christmas”; not a movie, but have to watch it
Planes, Trains, and Automobiles is about getting home for the holidays (loosely)
I did like Scrooged back in the day, at least for Buddy Hackett
I think I want to watch “Joyeaux Noel” about the WWI Christmas truce
Lethal Weapon is almost as close on Christmas as Die Hard
Batman Returns (with Danny Devito as the Penguin) also set during Christmas
Holiday Inn is soooooo corny, but it’s Bing Crosby

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
My local theater is showing Christmas Vacation late night this month. What are some of your favorite Xmas movies? I love Will Ferrell, but Elf is one of the dumbest movies of all time and you will be shunned for listing it as a great Xmas movie.

1. Christmas Vacation
2. Home Alone
3. Scrooged
4. A Christmas Story

My Top Christmas movies are:
1) A Christmas Story
2) Die Hard
3) Christmas Vacation
4) Scrooged
5) It's A Wonderful Life

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Didn’t like the 6Underground at all. Have you seen the Don’t F*** With Cats yet? Very good.
I also found 6Underground unwatchable...I stopped it halfway through. It struck me as Deadpool on steroids with very little except murders (apparently by the hundreds, I lost count).

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Didn’t like the 6Underground at all. Have you seen the Don’t F*** With Cats yet? Very good.

I also found 6Underground unwatchable...I stopped it halfway through. It struck me as Deadpool on steroids with very little except murders (apparently by the hundreds, I lost count).

I can easily see people not liking it. I just needed to watch something that didn't require thinking and it did the trick.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
21 Bridges.
Real good Cop story.
Chadwick Bozeman, sensational, although it won’t get nominated.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Off to the 940AM showing of Rise of Skywalker. Time to put a capstone on something I've known my entire life.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
well, how was it?

I went in with low expectations, so I'd give it a B or B+ overall and thought it was a solid way to wrap up the Skywalker saga.

I never read any of the ancillary books/comic books, so it'll be interesting to see future direction for movies.

The Mandalorian has been pretty good and I feel like Ewen McGregor will do well reprising his role as Obi-Wan in the Disney+ TV show.

Jim Prather

Helluva Engineer
Yeah this wrapped things up pretty well. It made me mad about what a waste the last movie was. I wish the first half of this movie could have been the last movie and then they could have expanded the second half of this movie as the conclusion

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Yeah this wrapped things up pretty well. It made me mad about what a waste the last movie was. I wish the first half of this movie could have been the last movie and then they could have expanded the second half of this movie as the conclusion
I'm going to see it today and a lot of people I have talked to said it felt like an apology for the last jedi.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
“A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood.”
You will laugh, you will cry, you will learn something new, you will leave the Theatre a better person. We need more Fred Rogers’ in this world!

Milwaukee

Banned
I got through 15 min of The Irishman and couldn’t take it anymore, I’ll watch the Indiana Tennessee game instead. Wtf was Scorsese thinking, how embarrassing. The cgi is meant to make De Niro and Pesci, who are ****ing EIGHTY years old, look like they’re in their 30’s and it’s supposed to be believable for us viewers. Easily the dumbest, most embarrassing moment of Scorsese’s career. He was already washed but this may be the nail in the coffin. Makes me afraid of Uncut Gems now as he was loosely associated with that as well.
If you want to smoke a couple bowls and make fun of how literally stupid a movie production is then this is the ticket as a viewer.