1. Welcome to Georgia Tech Swarm! JOIN US and be a part of the SWARM! GO JACKETS! THWg!

New Movies

Discussion in 'The Swarm Lounge' started by Milwaukee, May 3, 2019.

1. Milwaukee

Milwaukee Helluva Engineer

Saw The Intruder last night, wasn't bad actually. And staring at Meagan Good for 2 hours is always fun. I thought Quaid was really good.

Caught the new Pet Semetary last week and thought it was awful. Was glad when it ended.

2. MWBATL

MWBATL Helluva Engineer

Loved the finale of the Avengers series.....

3. THWG

THWG Helluva Engineer

Just saw it on Thursday night and was blown away. Excellent way to end it. There were a couple of scenes where Disney tried to force in some liberal politics though, but they didn't detract from how good the movie was.

Peacone36 likes this.
  4. Whiskey_Clear

Whiskey_Clear Banned

Didn’t care for the Thor or Cap story arcs very much.

5. Peacone36

Peacone36 ACCBasketballReport.com Contributing Writer

Like what? The "jam it down my throat" feminist part? Why not hang a "Powerful Women Unite" banner in the background.

I lost interest about 90 minutes in for a bit, found myself screwing around in my own head (I should pick up steaks on the way home), (beer or bourbon?), (mow the grass tonight or first thing in the morning?) then the stuff I was waiting for happened and it was all good.

Proud to say, previews and movie all in one sitting, no bathroom breaks. booyah.

THWG likes this.
  6. MWBATL

MWBATL Helluva Engineer

What was funniest to me is that they actually paused as the women all lined up....like they just wanted to make sure everyone could see it was women only and no men involved...just that one second of that scene with nothing else happening made it so clear to me that "this is our statement, hear us roar".....I almost laughed out loud.

THWG likes this.
  7. THWG

THWG Helluva Engineer

It was so unnecessary too. The female characters played a pretty prominent and important role throughout the movie and then that scene just was so overdone. The funny thing was that they failed and didn't finish it off.

TheSilasSonRising and Peacone36 like this.
  8. Peacone36

[​IMG]

THWG likes this.
  9. Milwaukee

Is your theater not serving booze? The one I go to I just hit a button and a girl brings me the cocktail or beer of my choice. #merica

smathis30 and Peacone36 like this.
  10. Peacone36

Not the one I went to. I traded the beer experience for the 40% full experience. The theatre I used to frequent in OKC had 21+ shows with wait service, booze, food, recliners, fold out tv trays. Glorious I tell ya.

smathis30 likes this.
  11. Milwaukee

That's how mine operates. Leather recliners with full food and bev menu. Glorious indeed.

Peacone36 likes this.
  12. TheSilasSonRising

TheSilasSonRising Helluva Engineer

Glad to read that about “The Intruder”. Have been waiting to see what people besides reviewers think.

“Pet Semetary”. Like soooo many movies now - It Has Been Done Already!!!!!!! Jeez.

Milwaukee likes this.
  13. Milwaukee

Headed over to see Long Shot, will report back. Not my idea, btw.

14. smathis30

smathis30 Helluva Engineer

Show biz? Just moved to OKC and looking for a theatre similar to the one I frequented in Brookhaven and it’s the only one I’ve found

Peacone36 likes this.
  15. Peacone36

I wanna say it was named after a fairly prominent former Resident. I technically lived in Moore OK not OKC

ETA: Regal Warren Moore I think was the place

smathis30 likes this.
  16. Milwaukee

Caught Long Shot tonight. Heres the gist of it: cliche rom-com, cheesy, predictable, unrealistic, etc. But I laughed MY A$$ off often throughout.

Worth a watch in your downtime.

dtm1997 and smathis30 like this.
  17. dtm1997

dtm1997 Helluva Engineer Featured Member

It was a nod to a recent comic book and potential movie.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/A-Force

CTJacket likes this.
  18. dtm1997

dtm1997 Helluva Engineer Featured Member

Has anyone seen Shazam? If yes, how'd you like it?

19. CuseJacket

CuseJacket Administrator Staff Member

I've seen Kazaam. Not as good as Space Jam. Hope that helps.

20. Milwaukee

Caught the new John Wick yesterday afternoon, I had to leave a half hour early I couldn't take it anymore. Not a fan of the series at all but wanted to give it a try since I had some free time. Halle Berry's looks were the only bright spot, but even her character/storyline were ridic. 0 out of 5