New Movies

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Took a date to see Uncut Gems....bad move Kirk!
She barfed in the bathroom, not that I went in there.
I liked the flick, very intense. No real action breaks, even for 135 minutes in length.

Did give her a choice. She passed on Black Christmas to see Sandler. He was raw!

Milwaukee

Banned
Saw The Gentlemen this afternoon. Huge Guy Ritchie fan but didn’t love the movie, only liked it. Colin Farrell absolutely crushed his role, epic status!

Definitely recommend, but I was expecting better.

JacketRacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Saw JoJo rabbit and 1917 last week.

JoJo is the best movie I've seen in quite a while. It's very funny (written/directed by the same guy that did Thor: Ragnorak and we do in the shadows), but was done in a pretty tactful way.

1917 is solid, but I can't help but compare it to Dunkirk and I feel like that's just a much more thrilling ride

JacketRacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Saw the two popes (on Netflix) this morning. I thought it was a really enjoyable watch. I like the whole concept of humanizing some of these people who are larger than life (to me at least).

As well as showing how much of a person's spiritual journey can be imperfect (even to a Pope), and even their approach can change Pope to Pope.

I know there's quite a bit of artistic liberties taken, but as someone who's had their own crises of faith, it really resonated with me.

Plus, Anthony Hopkins is an outstanding actor.

Deleted member 2897

I don’t have time to read this thread and get caught up, so sorry for any redundancy, but I highly recommend Knives Out and 1917. 1917 filming the entire movie in only a couple cuts was incredible. Anybody taking film classes is going to love studying that one.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
I don’t have time to read this thread and get caught up, so sorry for any redundancy, but I highly recommend Knives Out and 1917. 1917 filming the entire movie in only a couple cuts was incredible. Anybody taking film classes is going to love studying that one.
I went and saw both of those too. Knives out was really good and I highly recommend it. 1917 blew my expectations out of the water, it was fantastic.

Deleted member 2897

I went and saw both of those too. Knives out was really good and I highly recommend it. 1917 blew my expectations out of the water, it was fantastic.

I watched it with my wife and 13-year-old son. I kept laughing and telling him “ This single cut is amazing – it’s been over 30 minutes on the same scene - imagine if they came around the corner of a trench and poor Frank was in the bathroom and they had to start filming all over again from the start.”

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Knives Out, at the 3.50 second-run house, this past weekend. I really liked it.
Compare it to an Agatha Christie novel. Well thought out, very few holes and satirical.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I feel like this is a buddy movie that needs to be made.

(If you didn't know, it's commonplace for foxes and badgers to teamwork a hunt in nature)

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Did anyone go see Birds of Prey? Seems like something I should wait for cable, but it's also getting generally good reviews.

slugboy

Staff member
I feel like this is a buddy movie that needs to be made.

(If you didn't know, it's commonplace for foxes and badgers to teamwork a hunt in nature)

I thought they only partnered up in Loony Tunes cartoons.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Did anyone go see Birds of Prey? Seems like something I should wait for cable, but it's also getting generally good reviews.
I couldn’t make it through Suicide Squad on cable. That was mindless and wasn’t finding anything that resembled other movies under the Marvel brand.
I might wait for 2nd round and have another movie scoped out for another postage stamp auditorium. In other words, anticipating a walk out. Birds of a feather, usually flock together.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Me and kg02 went and saw it, at her recommendation, and told you clowns weeks ago it was good. It's not our fault you don't know quality entertainment when you see it. Do better, milw. Do better.

;)
I’m glad you are trying to get on his bad side. Myself and Ronald need to remain in favor, as per some “sisterly” advice.