New Movies

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Walked out it was so bad. Never even made it to the famous murder scene, 2 hours was enough for me. Extremely boring. I'm so disappointed today, I thought it was going to be epic.

I can see why some would do that, but I rode it out to the end.

I was just really curious what his play was going to be on the manson mfers.

Not much more to say than it was Tarantino.

Now if anyone wants to talk about one of the biggest piles of trash in history - Midsommar.

People finally started yelling joke lines during the movie. And some of the funniest one liners from an audience I have ever heard. One guy in the audience had a tremendous infectious laugh that had everybody else going bonkers. Was just hoping I didn’t wet my pants from laughing, again not at the movie, but at audiences creativity with their raspberries.

Last edited:

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I think those are some interesting takes. I'm ultimately an X-Men guy, so by the time they get reintroduced, it's likely gonna be a function of the weird stuff I read in this week's House of X series.

While many of these characters are not among my favorites growing up, Marvel has shown a propensity to just flat out put good product on the screen.

I think Eternals will be interesting, but not sure how they fit in to the bigger story.

The TV shows will keep the Avengers warm while they figure out the team's next configuration.

I can kinda see your point on Thor, but after Thor Ragnarok, I gotta jut have some faith.

With the Marvel movies, I focus more on whether they're telling good stories with characters I'm familiar with, more than an accurate retell of the comics. They haven't let me down yet and that's with plenty of characters that may not be top of my list.

The X-men movies let me down with the exception of Old Man Logan. Different studio but....Fantastic Four also sucked. New Spider Man has been awesome under both studios. Venom was pretty good.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
The X-men movies let me down with the exception of Old Man Logan. Different studio but....Fantastic Four also sucked. New Spider Man has been awesome under both studios. Venom was pretty good.

The 1st two X-Men movies were good for their time, then First Class was very good and it kind of slowly lost steam until I didn't even get around to seeing Dark Phoenix. Days of Future Past was solid and Apocalypse was good when I saw it in theater, but I can see why people weren't sold on it.

Logan was excellent.

The recent Spider-Man movies have been excellent. I liked the Andrew Garfield movies also.

Fantastic Four? That last one? What a disaster. Just awful.

Coming home to Marvel should really help those over time.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Just saw "Hobbs & Shaw".

Action packed, crash & burn, couple hot ladies - you know the story.

But Joe Anoa'i has a pretty decent role in it! I did not know he was going to be in it.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Not a new movie, but I caught Aquaman on HBO last night.

It was somewhere between Meh & OK.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Went and saw Joker last weekend and really enjoyed it.

Twisted, but not in an overdone manner.

You feel sympathetic for Joker ahead of him snapping, but when he snaps... Oh boy.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Saw The Intruder last night, wasn't bad actually. And staring at Meagan Good for 2 hours is always fun. I thought Quaid was really good.

Caught the new Pet Semetary last week and thought it was awful. Was glad when it ended.

I re-watched Biker Boyz recently just for Ms. Good.

slugboy

Staff member
Been flying a lot lately.

John Wick 3: if y’all like John Wick, it’s John Wick

Godzilla King of the Monsters: not troubled by plot. Kaiju fight. Just put your brain on autopilot

Shazam: fun all the way through. Easily the best of the recent DC movies. Actually good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
“The Goldfinch” has been out, probably near a second run. One of the few movies, worth more than the book.
I enjoyed “The Joker,” in a more sad, hallucinatory way.

If you want to score points with the ladies, purchase the newest(last year, 2018)copy of “A Star is Born.” Under 20$, let her keep the print in lieu of flowers or poetry. Making dinner or taking her out before, would work well. Dr. Ruth sends her best;)

Lotta Booze

Ramblin' Wreck
For any Breaking Bad fans the movie is out on Netflix: El Camino. I was slightly skeptical going in since tv show movie sequels are suspect but this was an exception. Vince Gilligan was in charge and a lot of the same people are involved and it was excellent. It follows Jesse after the finale of the show and it's intense.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
For any Breaking Bad fans the movie is out on Netflix: El Camino. I was slightly skeptical going in since tv show movie sequels are suspect but this was an exception. Vince Gilligan was in charge and a lot of the same people are involved and it was excellent. It follows Jesse after the finale of the show and it's intense.
I also enjoyed it.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I'm not a Star Wars fanatic, but I grew up a fan.

Anyone else buy their tickets yet for the final chapter?

THWG

Helluva Engineer
I'm not a Star Wars fanatic, but I grew up a fan.

Anyone else buy their tickets yet for the final chapter?
I'll probably buy them closer to the actual date. The theater that I go to never really gets overcrowded.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I'll probably buy them closer to the actual date. The theater that I go to never really gets overcrowded.
I find myself going to more wknd morning shows at the Alamo Drafthouse here and the Saturday morning seat selection was already trash, so I went ahead and snagged Sunday tickets.

Milwaukee

Banned
Went and saw Joker last weekend and really enjoyed it.

Twisted, but not in an overdone manner.

You feel sympathetic for Joker ahead of him snapping, but when he snaps... Oh boy.

Thought it was awful. Way too slow for my taste, took so long to get to any sort of action. Huge letdown for something I was really looking forward to.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Thought it was awful. Way too slow for my taste, took so long to get to any sort of action. Huge letdown for something I was really looking forward to.

I'm not sure there was ever any indication leading up to the movie release that it would be action packed.

Milwaukee

Banned
I'm not sure there was ever any indication leading up to the movie release that it would be action packed.

You’re probably right. I didn’t watch previews, I walked in expecting the Joker to be the Joker and not some weak dork that let people pick on him better yet make that the premise of the 90 minutes of waste. I was expecting so much more from Todd Phillips.