New in 15: Stewart brings impressive transcript, highlight reel

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
To me, he's equal to everyone else right now. His tape doesn't make me think he's a prodigy or anything, but I just think he's good at high pointing a football. That's a great skill to have. Even if he adds very little else to the program, adding one more guy that can go up and snag a ball on third and long or in goal line scenarios is valuable IMO...and if he doesn't excel at running routes then maybe he'll get man coverage at the goal line...

I'm not sure I have any different hopes for Brad than for any other player in this class. I hope they all turn out to be super stars!

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Where the heck did this whole "his route running doesn't look polished" start?!

Does anyone know the routes he was supposed to run in his highlights, or how he was coached to run them?!! Our own receivers get that same criticism, but that's because they were coached to run routes for OUR offense, not someone else's offense. Brad is a VERY smart guy who's obviously athletic. You don't think he'll be able learn how to run routes that our coaches want him to run? It's not like GT runs an NFL route tree.

Geez people...

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
What an idiot that Ibeeballin guy is?!?! I mean who didn't know Brad was going #4, hell even possibly the #3 receiver by Aug 18th. Total moron that guy is. I bet he never played pass Middle School
In my opinion, which means squat, I think you did underestimate him a tad. I think we're all (me included) surprised he's ahead of all three Philpott, Howell and Messick right now.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
I didn't underestimate anyone. I said they are all 27 bodies until they prove otherwise. No matter if he is a 5* or last minute reach. Brad appears to have made some strides in camp, which Im ecstatic about, because WR is my #1 concern. My issue, like everyone else I assume, is the premature coronation before he has even played a down in a game. If you are fan or a stan, thats great. We all are to some degree, but chill with the force feeding of the hype that hasn't been earned on the field yet.

I can't wait when Brad make those jump ball catches beginning Sept. 3rd

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I think what this means is that Brad has shown the ability to block well and to not drop passes when they're thrown his way. He's still young, he still has a lot to learn, but he's apparently impressed so far. His film and camp show that he's a battler, which is something we need (a la Smelter). I could easily see Stewart being very valuable on 3rd-and-long and when JT gets into trouble, a possession-type receiver. He doesn't need much separation to make a play on the ball. The speed guys on the edge (including A-Backs) will provide him more room to work over the middle by stretching the backfield.
Happy he's at Tech.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I didn't underestimate anyone. I said they are all 27 bodies until they prove otherwise. No matter if he is a 5* or last minute reach. Brad appears to have made some strides in camp, which Im ecstatic about, because WR is my #1 concern. My issue, like everyone else I assume, is the premature coronation before he has even played a down in a game. If you are fan or a stan, thats great. We all are to some degree, but chill with the force feeding of the hype that hasn't been earned on the field yet.

I can't wait when Brad make those jump ball catches beginning Sept. 3rd
How did you expect the wr order to play out then?

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Oh for God's sake. This is silliness. What has Stewart proven so far? He has proven he can elevate and use his body. He has a knack for coming down with the football. This is hugely important in our offense. Let's appreciate that we have him and be patient enough to prove the other stuff, like blocking, route running, separation, and speed. Why is this guy such a lightning rod?

kyle.smith828

Jolly Good Fellow
Ok, so I know ibeeballin is a former (I'm assuming) GT football player. Have you released your identity IBB, or is it a secret? Anyone care to share?