New in 15: Stewart brings impressive transcript, highlight reel

JazzyD95

Ramblin' Wreck
I mystified by the hype.
This. I don't get if people are watching the same tape I am. Yeah he can high point and catch well, but as stated before he isn't a polished route runner or a burner. I don't think he's anywhere as fast as smelter, though they both can snag and high point well. will he be able to create separation at this level? that remains to be seen.
. I see brad as more of a Corey Dennis type of player currently in the way that he's a great multisport athlete that has a good highlight tape, but he lacks the athleticism of the other 2 WRs in this class.
But people don't seem to want to go by film, because that's no fun and interferes with the unreasonably hard Stewart boner some of these posters have.

RLR

Jolly Good Fellow
This. I don't get if people are watching the same tape I am. Yeah he can high point and catch well, but as stated before he isn't a polished route runner or a burner. I don't think he's anywhere as fast as smelter, though they both can snag and high point well. will he be able to create separation at this level? that remains to be seen.
. I see brad as more of a Corey Dennis type of player currently in the way that he's a great multisport athlete that has a good highlight tape, but he lacks the athleticism of the other 2 WRs in this class.
But people don't seem to want to go by film, because that's no fun and interferes with the unreasonably hard Stewart boner some of these posters have.

Corey Dennis played football and ran track in HS. I would think that's less of a multisport athlete than say, the guy who was all-state football, averaged 15 ppg in basketball, and hit over .333 in baseball. Corey Dennis is a good comparison though b/c, you know, they're both white. Luckily for Brad, he isn't making the switch from HS QB to WR.

Brad Stewart doesn't look slow to me on film. a 4.5 40 and 38 inch vert is pretty darn athletic for a possession WR. Is he faster (or better) than Philpott? Of course not. Philpott is an absolute burner. That's why I said Stewart is 1 of 3 good wr recruits in this class...they're all good. Lastly, I'll pay $20,000 to the person who definitely proves that Philpot is a better route runner than Stewart via hudl highlight tapes. The thing is, I don't even care about brad stewart. I just hate bad arguments. & saying a guy has bad top end speed and his film doesn't show his route running is a bad argument, contradicted by the small set of observable facts available to us.

JazzyD95

Ramblin' Wreck
Corey Dennis played football and ran track in HS. I would think that's less of a multisport athlete than say, the guy who was all-state football, averaged 15 ppg in basketball, and hit over .333 in baseball. Corey Dennis is a good comparison though b/c, you know, they're both white. Luckily for Brad, he isn't making the switch from HS QB to WR.

Brad Stewart doesn't look slow to me on film. a 4.5 40 and 38 inch vert is pretty darn athletic for a possession WR. Is he faster (or better) than Philpott? Of course not. Philpott is an absolute burner. That's why I said Stewart is 1 of 3 good wr recruits in this class...they're all good. Lastly, I'll pay $20,000 to the person who definitely proves that Philpot is a better route runner than Stewart via hudl highlight tapes. The thing is, I don't even care about brad stewart. I just hate bad arguments. & saying a guy has bad top end speed and his film doesn't show his route running is a bad argument, contradicted by the small set of observable facts available to us.
agree to disagree, I don't see anything in the film that contradicts what I said earlier. everyone sees something different when they watch film. I watched a good amount of film on all three WRs we have coming in, and the other two just have me more excited.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
I truly hope Brad Stewart finds great success at GT but Gawdalmighty i am sick of hearing about him and people trying to push his fawesomeness down our throats. Please, just let it all go and let it all play out, let the kid get on the field and prove himself one way or the other.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Thank you, finally someone who sees it the same as me lol. I guess we just know football better :D

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
do we really have posters that jot down notes on what others posters say, only so in 2 years they could go "ha I told you so"?

I mean message boards are lame enough, and I am one of the lame. But this is a whole new level. Please tell me it ain't so

Word

RLR

Jolly Good Fellow
agree to disagree, I don't see anything in the film that contradicts what I said earlier. everyone sees something different when they watch film. I watched a good amount of film on all three WRs we have coming in, and the other two just have me more excited.

I respect that & @tech_wreck47. & film is definitely an art not a science, so trying to make you quantify isn't fair. I agree to disagree on stewart. I concur on Philpot and Howell. I won't ask for anything more than 2 stud WRs from 1 class, so I like the odds.

This guy is a far better player right now than Corey Dennis was! Mr.Stewart may not the be flashy speedy guy that pops out to the eye but he has the high football IQ. He knows how to time his jump and attack the football at the highest point.

Declinometer

Banned
I truly hope Brad Stewart finds great success at GT but Gawdalmighty i am sick of hearing about him and people trying to push his fawesomeness down our throats. Please, just let it all go and let it all play out, let the kid get on the field and prove himself one way or the other.

I'm sick of hearing from people that are sick of hearing about him!

Eastman

Helluva Engineer
Can't wait to hear what CPJ says about him after seeing him in practice but all the speculation here (both pro and con) is just that and I think I have had enough of it.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Have to feel for Brad... lot's of "blog press" and expectations being set high. Hope he meets or exceeds those. But the young man has't had his August practice yet. We need to let it go regarding too much hype.

RLR

Jolly Good Fellow
Can't wait to hear what CPJ says about him after seeing him in practice but all the speculation here (both pro and con) is just that and I think I have had enough of it.

Forgive me for my speculative tresspasses. But to be fair, the current sports entertainment industry isn't making it easy for me. The current lineup is:
  1. women's soccer
  2. Investigation into air pressure of footballs
  3. baseball without steroids
  4. rewatching the U.S. open...at a public golf course

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I like Stewart's tape. I said it in his recruiting thread, his floor will be Tyler Melton, his ceiling will be Deandre Smelter. You can't question his athleticism because he was a standout in 3 sports. He played in a smaller classification? So what...he proved himself against several top tier defenders...some of whom play for GT. He's not a blazer? So what...neither was Smelter, or Anquon Bolden, or Jerry Rice. There's something to be said for football smarts, and leveraging your athletic ability.

Good thing CPJ didn't listen to a lot of you when he personally took a private plane to Savannah to visit this guy to convince him to come here. I'm not saying Stewart is the next coming of Megatron, but I think a lot of people have some animosity towards this guy for reasons that aren't football related.