New in 15: Stewart brings impressive transcript, highlight reel

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
He has a good chance of being our most productive WR of this class. He looks like Larry Fitzgerald against some pretty decent competition. I really think he'll be a go to guy throughout his career. He's gonna be one of those guys who gets a ton of snaps because he does everything right. I think he plays as a true freshman.

dhbartlett12

Ramblin' Wreck
“I did feel like it chose me a little bit,” Stewart said, “especially (because) I had the most opportunities there. The big thing for me was education. You can’t turn down a full ride for an education at a place like Georgia Tech. It was a true blessing when I got the call (for a scholarship offer).”

Wow. Just a different mindset than most kids. He speaks as if he never deserved such a thing as a football scholarship. That is the right mindset.

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
Kid knows how to win. Helped BC win state baseball title as a junior, and football state title as a senior.

Don't know that I call BC a prestigious military school - um, it's run by priests, some of whom have been known to ready Playboy during class - but the kid is a good athlete and has a good head on his shoulders. He does from a very athletically prolific family.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I'm being 100% serious when asking this question. What does everyone see in brad?
I know football very well I played for a good part of my life, but I'm obviously missing what Yall are seeing. I know he has strong hands and he can go up and catch at a very high point but besides that what is there? I know he's an all around good athelet, is that what everyone is basing him being good of off?

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I'm being 100% serious when asking this question. What does everyone see in brad?
I know football very well I played for a good part of my life, but I'm obviously missing what Yall are seeing. I know he has strong hands and he can go up and catch at a very high point but besides that what is there? I know he's an all around good athelet, is that what everyone is basing him being good of off?

You need to read his recruiting thread.

RLR

Jolly Good Fellow

Strong hands + ability to highpoint the ball (bests double coverage like 10 times in his 2015 highlights) + all around good athlete...what don't you like? He also has good vision as a ball carrier, good acceleration. 4.5 GPA

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Strong hands + ability to highpoint the ball (bests double coverage like 10 times in his 2015 highlights) + all around good athlete...what don't you like? He also has good vision as a ball carrier, good acceleration. 4.5 GPA
you can't really tell much about his route running in his film which you need at the college level also he's not the fastest which isn't a big deal there are plenty of guys that aren't super fast, but from what I saw it was just good hands and great high point. When you get to the college level you need either good route running or speed to get separation because getting those jump balls get harder and harder to get with the higher level of football. I was just asking is there something more? And you can be a great athelet like he is but that doesn't allways turn into being a great player on the field. Like I said though I'm just asking a question to see others view.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

Techster

Helluva Engineer
“I did feel like it chose me a little bit,” Stewart said, “especially (because) I had the most opportunities there. The big thing for me was education. You can’t turn down a full ride for an education at a place like Georgia Tech. It was a true blessing when I got the call (for a scholarship offer).”

Wow. Just a different mindset than most kids. He speaks as if he never deserved such a thing as a football scholarship. That is the right mindset.

You know you're living right when your choices are a full athletic ride to P5 football team with an Ivy League level education in GT, or going to Yale. He's just one of those guys he's going to do well at everything he does. He may or may not be a superstar, but this guy will contribute to this team. I suspect he will be a very good player for us, and a great example for the university.

That's the thing about a good majority of the guys we bring in. In order to do well at GT, they have to be at a certain level on and off the field. Stewart isn't the only one we can say the above about. Lots of very high character guys in the last recruiting class and on the team.

GTech63

Helluva Engineer
you can't really tell much about his route running in his film which you need at the college level also he's not the fastest which isn't a big deal there are plenty of guys that aren't super fast, but from what I saw it was just good hands and great high point. When you get to the college level you need either good route running or speed to get separation because getting those jump balls get harder and harder to get with the higher level of football. I was just asking is there something more? And you can be a great athelet like he is but that doesn't allways turn into being a great player on the field. Like I said though I'm just asking a question to see others view.
[/QUOTE]
If he becomes a good blocker like Smelter he will be able to get separation in this offense. He will learn quickly how to run routes. He is a smart, sure hands, great timing receiver. We have a good receiving corps in the making.

RLR

Jolly Good Fellow
you can't really tell much about his route running in his film which you need at the college level also he's not the fastest which isn't a big deal there are plenty of guys that aren't super fast, but from what I saw it was just good hands and great high point. When you get to the college level you need either good route running or speed to get separation because getting those jump balls get harder and harder to get with the higher level of football. I was just asking is there something more? And you can be a great athelet like he is but that doesn't allways turn into being a great player on the field. Like I said though I'm just asking a question to see others view.

Insufficient data on his route running? Come on man. Are you trolling, or just unaware of the loaded nature of your question?

He looks pretty fast to me, but I'd agree he's not the fastest. AJC claims a 4.52 40 + 38 inch vet, but who knows where they pulled those oddly specific numbers from. Stewart's senior rec stats are impressive: 68 catches, 1394 yards, 18 TDs. To be fair, he played AA GA football. But then again, so did Demaryius Thomas (56 catches, 756 yards, 7 tds his senior year...& a 4.6 40). Fun fact, Stewart's stats are weirdly similar to AJ Green's senior HS stats (72 catches, 1,437 yards, 15 tds).

FWIW, Stewart also played against top CB competition. He Mossed Darius Slayton (4 star prospect, Auburn CB) for a 40 yard touchdown in the GA HS elite junior game. Beat GT's Lance Austin on a fly in the state semi finals. And, had the infamous "Catch" over Micah Abernathy (4 star, Tenn CB) in the GA state championship game. I'm not saying Brad Stewart is elite or a God. But he is 1 of 3 very good WR recruits in this class.
().

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I like Stewart a lot. He is a complete athlete with speed and agility galore. Is he Sammy Watkins fast? NO. But he catches the ball. The guy I think about when I watch this kid is Smelter. I think he is a guy that the QB can count on to do everything possible to catch every pass thrown at him.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
I'd like to see him at aback. Great kid. He's overhyped on message boards but that shouldn't take away from the kids accomplishments or the fact that I think he'll be productive for GT.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer

High pointing a football is not something you just find in every receiver coming out of high school. This is a key part of our offense. Even if he can't do anything else, having a guy that can win jump balls will be invaluable at the goal line and on third and long.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
offspring-pretty_fly.jpg