New in 15: Stewart brings impressive transcript, highlight reel

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Insufficient data on his route running? Come on man. Are you trolling, or just unaware of the loaded nature of your question?

He looks pretty fast to me, but I'd agree he's not the fastest. AJC claims a 4.52 40 + 38 inch vet, but who knows where they pulled those oddly specific numbers from. Stewart's senior rec stats are impressive: 68 catches, 1394 yards, 18 TDs. To be fair, he played AA GA football. But then again, so did Demaryius Thomas (56 catches, 756 yards, 7 tds his senior year...& a 4.6 40). Fun fact, Stewart's stats are weirdly similar to AJ Green's senior HS stats (72 catches, 1,437 yards, 15 tds).

FWIW, Stewart also played against top CB competition. He Mossed Darius Slayton (4 star prospect, Auburn CB) for a 40 yard touchdown in the GA HS elite junior game. Beat GT's Lance Austin on a fly in the state semi finals. And, had the infamous "Catch" over Micah Abernathy (4 star, Tenn CB) in the GA state championship game. I'm not saying Brad Stewart is elite or a God. But he is 1 of 3 very good WR recruits in this class.
().

Wow. I had not noticed this before on THE TOUCHDOWN catch. Once the ball begins to cradle into his hands he uses his lower body, especially one of his legs, to retard the upward trajectory of the defender. The defender starts to go up the ladder and hits a brick wall. Just wow. That shows multiple skills happening at one time. Timing. Positioning on a jump ball, Boxing out. Concentration. Ball awareness. And a whole lot more. This is one very savvy player.

InsideLB

Helluva Engineer
Kids a good prospect like Philpott and Howell. Also a good fit for the school and program's mentality. Pretty low risk guy to take IMO because like Dennis or T-Mel he's a "glue guy".

BTW the junior film is absurd and worth watching for comic value. They would just drop back and throw the ball to Stewart whether he was open or not. Total jump ball passing game. He brings down 'em down reliably So why not?

Projecting him into our offense I think he'll work hard and block with effort. Then he'll trick folks on play action & get open. He'll come back on scrambles to take the high ball. And yeah we'll probably throw some fades and jump balls to him.

I see him like a Tyler Melton with more time in our O and I mean that as a good thing. We win with blue collar. so as a prospect it's fine to be excited about him,

JazzyD95

Ramblin' Wreck
Don't worry, I have you and ATL1 in my notes as doubters for a few months now.
Not quite sure why you make it a point to wave the Stewart banner every 5 seconds. I get that he's a good kid and may turn out to be a good player for us, but you speak of him as if he's the second coming of a Jesus Christ/Calvin Johnson hybrid.

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Don't make me call the referees.:)
search

Dottie1145

Helluva Engineer
Kid knows how to win. Helped BC win state baseball title as a junior, and football state title as a senior.

Don't know that I call BC a prestigious military school - um, it's run by priests, some of whom have been known to ready Playboy during class - but the kid is a good athlete and has a good head on his shoulders. He does from a very athletically prolific family.
Lol it's not a "military" school like you see in the movies. It's a Catholic school with a strong, JROTC program that has been a focal point of the curriculum. You have to participate in the military aspect for two years, after that, it's optional.
P.s. In my 4 years there, I never saw a playboy outside of the freshman locker room