New Hires........so far.

cthenrys

Ramblin' Wreck
Way too much logic and intelligence in your post for this board. Forecasting wins is a fool's errand. I'd add that we don't know what the injury situation will be--for us or opponents. We happened to draw Jurkovec for the BC game who had been out for awhile, for example. He doesn't play, we probably win.

What is clear to me is that the 6 that you refer to know little about college football and less about our roster. We looked worse at the end of the year due to lots of injuries and being a team with little depth. They don't start to understand that-but they don't want too, either.
So we need to wait on a team to be missing their QB to get a W ? Cmon man. We kept some games close because of teams gifting us with turnovers or lucking into multiple onsides kicks. We were a historically bad GT team by the numbers. Most of our games were not as close as the final score indicated.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Did not know our schedule was ranked that high, per ESPN. Still seemed top-heavy. Two or three prohibitive faves and the rest mediocre.
It was in the 40s going into the ND game, but Clemson finishing strong against USCe and Pitt winning the ACC bumped it up even after we had played ND and UGA. Some other metric had our final SOS rated in the 30s but it had a heavy B1G bias, while ESPN’s metric has an SEC bias. Realistically it was probably somewhere in the middle at 15 or so.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
There are a million kids in the transfer portal, no one has gone through spring practice, kids can still declare for the draft, and any number of other factors that will affect 2022. No one knows who should or shouldn't win any game next year yet.

The only given is that the first loss will have the same 6 guys flooding the board with FIre Collins nonsense.
Win more than 3 games and they will go away. Don't win and you will be adding zeroes to those same 6 guys.

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
As always there is other factors to consider outside 'raw score" (i.e. minimum number). The most other critical factor is passing the eyeball test - we cannot afford another ND-Uga beatdown where we looked like we were playing outside of our own classification. Avoid those, 5 might be sufficient. Toss 1 or 2 of those into the mix and it may take 7. Who knows?
Ah the dreaded eyeball test. Where looks and opinions rule over quantifiable evidence.

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
Ah the dreaded eyeball test. Where looks and opinions rule over quantifiable evidence.
Lol, as if 'quantifiable evidence'...quantitative data...is significantly more predictive than qualitative data. If you believe that can I sell you a cool market research analytic I'll develop tonight please? I can create this awesome analysis that can predict market success using over fifty-five data points. It's awesome. Can you pay up front, also?

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Just for the sake of discussion let's take the last two games of the year where we got beat 100-0 or similar. Let's say we lose on the road to ND by a 35 - 28 score. At home to Uga by 27 - 24. Both games GT has a chance to win both games late in the 4th.

Quantifiable evidence says either way you are 0-2. I get it if that is your opinion. However, I (and I m guessing many more) would have a totally different perspective on the games. I am not saying that my opinion is correct. I am saying that these things do matter (to me).

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
Pitt, BC ? more ?

Pitt and BC for sure. UNC, right? Looking below, by end of year ranking that we played, the QBs who will be gone are:

Picket - Pitt
Sam Howel - UNC
Dennis Grosel - BC
Jordan Yates - Wait, he was on our team ;)

We played 2, 3, 5, 6, 9, 11, 14, 15 and had 12 and 13 on our side...

Last edited:

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
So we need to wait on a team to be missing their QB to get a W ? Cmon man. We kept some games close because of teams gifting us with turnovers or lucking into multiple onsides kicks. We were a historically bad GT team by the numbers. Most of our games were not as close as the final score indicated.
I guess you can choose whether to continue to piss on the team or show some optimism and be a fan.