New Gray Uniforms with Children's Healthcare

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Recommendation... try a version this next time you want to call someone out for their "odd" opinion...
Instead of saying... "You're clearly an idiot"

Say this... "You're clearly an idiot... but it's obvious your mother did a fine job raising you"

Softens it up a little.
THWG!!
;)

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Wish that was true but what about the Tech people that bring a uga fan to the Tech vs uga game when it's in our Stadium. I still get pissed off about it?

Lol. I’ve done it and they have reciprocated for me in Athens.

What sucks more are Tech fans who buy tickets but don’t actually ever go to the uga game themselves.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
Debaters don't challenge other debaters by calling them silly.

Eh. It's not a formal debate. It's just an informal conversation about a totally subjective topic. I call out silliness when I see it but I try to never go low. But with that, I have nothing further of value to contribute to this thread, so I am following kg out the door. lol

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
judge-judy-shake-my-head-gif_zps66b02891.gif

Lawyer mark

Jolly Good Fellow
I don’t care what color the uniforms are. I have been a tech fan essentially my whole life and I want the players to wear what they want and think doing this with CHOA is a great thing. Uniform colors for a game or two can be different. I don’t condone Maryland or Oregon stuff, but something new is good from time to time. This is how New traditions start...

VintageWreck

Jolly Good Fellow

Why not add a cape? $20 plus shipping.
https://give.choa.org/site/Ecommerce?store_id=3481

Just purchased mine.

A good cause for this one. We are one of only four schools to receive this special opportunity.
Don't believe the article stated that Heisman's team wore gray, just that they were called the "gray devils".
Wear the jersey, the cape, your helmet and strike the Heisman pose.

Rob the "Vintagewreck!"
Up with the White and Gold!
Never wear all blue.
Never wear black.

vamosjackets

GT Athlete
Featured Member
Just from personal taste: I 100% love these uniforms. I get tradition and truly appreciate it and feel it should carry great weight. I think it can be a both-and. I don't see a downside to doing an alternate uniform like this that is stunning, attention grabbing, gets the public/kids talking about it, shows up on social media and regular media. Our traditions are still in tact and as strong as ever ... our uniform tradition wasn't and won't be akin to the Alabama/Georgia Southern/Penn St traditional unis, so we shouldn't be trying to do that; I think we can strike a good balance between tradition and innovation. That feels very GT to me. Execution is the key, and this seems like PERFECT execution.

And all that is aside from it having anything to do with CHOA and Heisman's "Gray Devils". The connections there just give the concept enrichment and appeal on a higher level of life/consciousness. Well done!

P.S. Would calling it "slate" be accurate, or am I off on my color pallet? "Onyx" sounds much cooler than "slate", though.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
$20 says uncheat wouldn't allow us to wear white.

Buy a cape. Wear it, or if you give it away like I am wear a GT flag as a cape, to the game. Cheer on Tech. Get 2 chili dogs walking for the ride home. Enjoy the unc beat down with a cigar and brandy. Again, I don't drink. ;)

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
Just from personal taste: I 100% love these uniforms. I get tradition and truly appreciate it and feel it should carry great weight. I think it can be a both-and. I don't see a downside to doing an alternate uniform like this that is stunning, attention grabbing, gets the public/kids talking about it, shows up on social media and regular media. Our traditions are still in tact and as strong as ever ... our uniform tradition wasn't and won't be akin to the Alabama/Georgia Southern/Penn St traditional unis, so we shouldn't be trying to do that; I think we can strike a good balance between tradition and innovation. That feels very GT to me. Execution is the key, and this seems like PERFECT execution.

And all that is aside from it having anything to do with CHOA and Heisman's "Gray Devils". The connections there just give the concept enrichment and appeal on a higher level of life/consciousness. Well done!

P.S. Would calling it "slate" be accurate, or am I off on my color pallet? "Onyx" sounds much cooler than "slate", though.
You can’t argue this. Those that do are wasting space.

GTballer21

Jolly Good Fellow
Gray was apparently used by Heisman, but blue was not.

I actually think the gray unis look good, but it's still not Tech.

Don’t you think the two statements above are conflicting statements? If Heisman used Gray as a color.. then It would be Tech.

The gray uniforms look sorta ok, but they are still not Georgia Tech, no matter how much you attempt to rationalize things. I also don't want black unis, although I always liked the Black Watch jerseys from the 80s. I HATE BLUE in any form or shape or use thereof. UVA, Auburn, GSU, Pitt, Navy, ND, etc, etc can keep their damn navy blue. Georgia Tech is the White and Gold.

Disagreeing is great. Repeatedly telling someone else to stop expressing their opinion because they are tired of those debates is not a debate at all and does not in fact challenge any ideas.

I think the reason @Supersizethatorder-mutt keeps getting called out is because he is substituting his opinion as a fact when he says things like “That’s not Georgia Tech” or “Tech never wore blue”

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
The gray uniforms look sorta ok, but they are still not Georgia Tech, no matter how much you attempt to rationalize things. I also don't want black unis, although I always liked the Black Watch jerseys from the 80s. I HATE BLUE in any form or shape or use thereof. UVA, Auburn, GSU, Pitt, Navy, ND, etc, etc can keep their damn navy blue. Georgia Tech is the White and Gold.
Agreed. I don’t hate the grey unis. They’re growing on me the more I see them. But I’m with you on the white and gold.

Side note: would you like me to bring my navy blue Tech jersey to the game in a few weeks? It would fit you lol

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Don’t you think the two statements above are conflicting statements? If Heisman used Gray as a color.. then It would be Tech.

I think the reason @Supersizethatorder-mutt keeps getting called out is because he is substituting his opinion as a fact when he says things like “That’s not Georgia Tech” or “Tech never wore blue”

Good point. He has said navy isn’t and has never been an official primary school color. Which is true. He has argued there is no tradition at Tech in wearing navy and that is demonstrably not accurate. But he’s right that Tech has never listed any colors except white and gold as official primary colors.

I’ll never agree with his preference for black over navy for use as a trim color. But I’m also not gonna be nasty to him about his preference. Ribbing is one thing but people are literally getting hot over any expression of distaste for the gray.

It’s the same crowd that rails over any expressions of doubt regarding the coaching staff or Tstan.