New Gray Uniforms with Children's Healthcare

Don’t you think the two statements above are conflicting statements? If Heisman used Gray as a color.. then It would be Tech.

I think the reason @Supersizethatorder-mutt keeps getting called out is because he is substituting his opinion as a fact when he says things like “That’s not Georgia Tech” or “Tech never wore blue”
I never said Tech never wore blue. We wore blue some in the 40s and again during the period of time when the NCAA stupidly required home teams to wear dark jerseys. We also wore them against Nebraska when we won the NC and again in the 2014 Orange Bowl. But when I say that blue (or gray) is not Ga Tech, I mean that our brand down through the years, as reflected in both of our fight songs has been White and Gold, not blue and anything.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
Senior wide receiver Jalen Camp:
“It’s going to be an honor to wear the new uniforms. They look really nice and it’s going to be a privilege to put them on and pay respect to the children who are fighting and are our real superheroes.”

Junior defensive back Tariq Carpenter:
“It’s an honor to represent the kids with wearing these awesome uniforms. I can’t wait to go out there on Oct. 5 and represent the real heroes.”

Junior linebacker David Curry:
“We’re super happy to represent Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta and all that they do by wearing these grey uniforms. These uniforms look awesome and we’re excited to wear them. Go Jackets!”

Sophomore defensive back Tre Swilling:
“I think the uniforms look really good and they also stand for something more than just football with the tie to Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta. We often see kids as looking up to older people and older football players but we really see them as heroes because they’ve gone through different things that’s harder in their lives than we will ever go through, so it’s great to be able to give back to them.”

Sophomore defensive back Juanyeh Thomas:
“The uniforms are nice. I like them – the grey and gold stands out a lot. Then to also be able to represent the children, that’s a big honor for us. I’m always down for working with Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta and it’ll be huge to wear the uniforms and represent the children for the Oct. 5 game.”

Senior wide receiver Jalen Camp:
“It’s going to be an honor to wear the new uniforms. They look really nice and it’s going to be a privilege to put them on and pay respect to the children who are fighting and are our real superheroes.”

Junior defensive back Tariq Carpenter:
“It’s an honor to represent the kids with wearing these awesome uniforms. I can’t wait to go out there on Oct. 5 and represent the real heroes.”

Junior linebacker David Curry:
“We’re super happy to represent Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta and all that they do by wearing these grey uniforms. These uniforms look awesome and we’re excited to wear them. Go Jackets!”

Sophomore defensive back Tre Swilling:
“I think the uniforms look really good and they also stand for something more than just football with the tie to Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta. We often see kids as looking up to older people and older football players but we really see them as heroes because they’ve gone through different things that’s harder in their lives than we will ever go through, so it’s great to be able to give back to them.”

Sophomore defensive back Juanyeh Thomas:
“The uniforms are nice. I like them – the grey and gold stands out a lot. Then to also be able to represent the children, that’s a big honor for us. I’m always down for working with Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta and it’ll be huge to wear the uniforms and represent the children for the Oct. 5 game.”
The implication in all those comments is that gray somehow represents the Hospital. If it does, then fine, but I haven't seen that anywhere. White and Gold uniforms with appropriate patches honoring the hospitals would be every bit as appropriate, as well as more in keeping with tradition.

BuzzStone

Helluva Engineer
I am just as excited to wear mine when they come in. Such a great idea. I love my Jackets! Keep up the good work CGC! October 29th can't come soon enough for the jerseys to come in.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
It stands out more than just a patch. It creates a BUZZ, much in the same way that the NFL wears pink all over the place in Oct for Breast Cancer. Lime green appears to be the color of the hospital.

But it's more than just colors, it's about creating awareness.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
I go to a lot of football games. I’m a Tech STH but have relatives who are UT, Auburn, Alabama, LSU and Ole Miss. I grew up reading the scores on Sunday from the Bama game on Saturday. Leonard’s Loser was a favorite.

I’m delighted with Coach Collins. I do think we’ll be competitive. I’m happy about that.

I fear that we will descend into high school gimmicks. I do not want the program to be a joke.

When I played football as a kid, my coach said ... “Act like the champion you are.”

When I played basketball, and baseball, my coaches said, “Act like the champions you are.” (We won district.)

When I started my career, my manager told me .. “Act and dress for the job you want ... not for the job you have.”

After 35 years and many years running multinationals, I’m set in my ways as I’ve seen what works and what doesn’t. Gimmicks come and go. Class and tradition is never out of style.

I hope to never see a lavender and mauve GT uniform because someone in Marketing thought it was a good idea.

It stands out more than just a patch. It creates a BUZZ, much in the same way that the NFL wears pink all over the place in Oct for Breast Cancer. Lime green appears to be the color of the hospital.

But it's more than just colors, it's about creating awareness.
Awareness has already been created by the announcement that the hospital will be honored that day, as well as by player visits to the kids in the hospital. By the time of the game, it's up to the performance on the field and the fans in the stands to boost the awareness even more. A new uniform is not going to do anything at that point. Like I have said, I sorta half-way like the uniforms, but it takes more than a special uniform to define the day.

I go to a lot of football games. I’m a Tech STH but have relatives who are UT, Auburn, Alabama, LSU and Ole Miss. I grew up reading the scores on Sunday from the Bama game on Saturday. Leonard’s Loser was a favorite.

I’m delighted with Coach Collins. I do think we’ll be competitive. I’m happy about that.

I fear that we will descend into high school gimmicks. I do not want the program to be a joke.

When I played football as a kid, my coach said ... “Act like the champion you are.”

When I played basketball, and baseball, my coaches said, “Act like the champions you are.” (We won district.)

When I started my career, my manager told me .. “Act and dress for the job you want ... not for the job you have.”

After 35 years and many years running multinationals, I’m set in my ways as I’ve seen what works and what doesn’t. Gimmicks come and go. Class and tradition is never out of style.

I hope to never see a lavender and mauve GT uniform because someone in Marketing thought it was a good idea.
This 1000%

GTballer21

Jolly Good Fellow
I never said Tech never wore blue. We wore blue some in the 40s and again during the period of time when the NCAA stupidly required home teams to wear dark jerseys. We also wore them against Nebraska when we won the NC and again in the 2014 Orange Bowl. But when I say that blue (or gray) is not Ga Tech, I mean that our brand down through the years, as reflected in both of our fight songs has been White and Gold, not blue and anything.

Just because blue isn’t in our fight song doesn’t mean it isn’t part of our brand. Just like how the UGA football pants are called “silver britches”. Silver has never been a primary or secondary color of UGA.. but it is part of their brand because they have worn silver pants since the 30’s. Blue has been a part of Tech since the EARLY 1900’s (and that has been proven on here before). So blue has technically always been part of the “brand”. Therefore you cannot say that blue is not Georgia Tech.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*

We ran TO for 11yrs (very i might add) but now we are concerned about HS gimmicks?!? Lol Or as Animal would say :rolleyes:

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
Just because blue isn’t in our fight song doesn’t mean it isn’t part of our brand. Just like how the UGA football pants are called “silver britches”. Silver has never been a primary or secondary color of UGA.. but it is part of their brand because they have worn silver pants since the 30’s. Blue has been a part of Tech since the EARLY 1900’s (and that has been proven on here before). So blue has technically always been part of the “brand”. Therefore you cannot say that blue is not Georgia Tech.

When I was a kid, Georgia Tech as seen as one of the top 10 programs in the country. Our uniforms were so revered, they served as the basis for the uniforms of the Dallas Cowboys.

In 50+ years, how many times has Dallas changed its colors? It’s uniforms. It’s merchandising program is first class.

Compare that to Tech. Blue. Black. Gray. White. Infinite combinations. Sexy! And totally forgettable.

My Operations prof summed it this way: You can’t improve something unless it is first “stable”. We’re all over the map.

Time for golf.

GTballer21

Jolly Good Fellow
When I was a kid, Georgia Tech as seen as one of the top 10 programs in the country. Our uniforms were so revered, they served as the basis for the uniforms of the Dallas Cowboys.

In 50+ years, how many times has Dallas changed its colors? It’s uniforms. It’s merchandising program is first class.

Compare that to Tech. Blue. Black. Gray. White. Infinite combinations. Sexy! And totally forgettable.

My Operations prof summed it this way: You can’t improve something unless it is first “stable”. We’re all over the map.

Time for golf.
You mean the uniforms that had blue numbers? I am not speaking about the uniform changes, I’m talking about the false narrative that blue is not part of our “brand” even though it clearly is.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
You mean the uniforms that had blue numbers? I am not speaking about the uniform changes, I’m talking about the false narrative that blue is not part of our “brand” even though it clearly is.

Dallas changed its uniform in ‘64. Most likely it was the ‘62 or ‘63 version.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
Strict white and gold and old men are the job we have. These 'gimmicks' are for the recruits and fans we want.

Ernst Shackleford, after leading his team on an expedition to the South Pole, quipped, “If I have seen further, it is because I have stood on the shoulders of giants.”

If you’re betting the program on funny uniforms and hoping to build a Top 25 program ... good luck.

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
Some of y'all have a serious unhealthy obsession with the color of the uniforms that a bunch of 18-22 year olds wear to play sports. It is all meant to be fun. That is what sports are for. It is clear the players like them, a lot of fans like them, they are for a fantastic cause, they will only be worn one game, and they do also include gold. Anyone seriously criticizing this may need to reevaluate their priorities in life.

Damn straight, red uniforms to support atl.

Green uniforms for next time we’re playing in Dublin.

Rainbow uniforms to support LGBTQ.

I don’t really mind these uniforms. Gray looks okay but I’m not gonna buy one b/c I don’t know when I’d wear it. Because unless somebody’s looking at the little GT logo at my chin they wouldn’t even recognize what school it came from. Which is probably what is annoying people who you’re calling out. Tradition must mean a little more to them than it does to you. And school colors are at the heart of tradition.

deeznats

Jolly Good Fellow
Ernst Shackleford, after leading his team on an expedition to the South Pole, quipped, “If I have seen further, it is because I have stood on the shoulders of giants.”

If you’re betting the program on funny uniforms and hoping to build a Top 25 program ... good luck.

Forgive me, I thought I was posting in a thread about uniforms and not about how to run an entire program.