New Gray Uniforms with Children's Healthcare

a5ehren

Jolly Good Fellow
When I was a kid, Georgia Tech as seen as one of the top 10 programs in the country. Our uniforms were so revered, they served as the basis for the uniforms of the Dallas Cowboys.

In 50+ years, how many times has Dallas changed its colors? It’s uniforms. It’s merchandising program is first class.

Compare that to Tech. Blue. Black. Gray. White. Infinite combinations. Sexy! And totally forgettable.

My Operations prof summed it this way: You can’t improve something unless it is first “stable”. We’re all over the map.

Time for golf.

And then Bobby Dodd took us out of the SEC because Bear hurt his feelings.

And black folks weren't allowed to play football in the South.

Etc, etc. Times change.

The kids we're recruiting today were in first grade (or less) when Calvin Johnson last played here. Our last claimed NC was a decade before they were born.

Tradition is great and all for getting old folks to give money, but it doesn't mean squat to the kids.

Deleted member 2897

I finally clicked through the pictures to look at them in closer detail. There's hints of Navy in that grey. What a bunch of to-do about nothing. :D

BuzzStone

Helluva Engineer
Good stuff.

I’ve seen a lot of posters on this board talking about how Tech men are different/better. Hopefully everyone will put their money where their mouth is and support this. Would be great to hear about the crazy number of gold capes that were purchased for the kids at the hospital.

What if each one of us purchased a cape for the kids everytime we complained on this message board???? We could outfit every kid in the country.

☠CaptainBuzz☠

Jolly Good Fellow
From ramblinwreck.com:

“The Cape Day uniform will also include a new look for Georgia Tech’s iconic gold helmets as well as specialty shoes, with details coming in the weeks leading up to gameday.”

Does this mean we will be wearing a new helmet not yet announced?

That’s how I read it. If this is the case, I speculate that it’ll be chrome gold or incorporate the new hexagonal pattern.

What do you think?

Adadu

Helluva Engineer
From ramblinwreck.com:

“The Cape Day uniform will also include a new look for Georgia Tech’s iconic gold helmets as well as specialty shoes, with details coming in the weeks leading up to gameday.”

Does this mean we will be wearing a new helmet not yet announced?

That’s how I read it. If this is the case, I speculate that it’ll be chrome gold or incorporate the new hexagonal pattern.

What do you think?

I think they are having the kids do some designs that will be incorporated with the GT logo

Just because blue isn’t in our fight song doesn’t mean it isn’t part of our brand. Just like how the UGA football pants are called “silver britches”. Silver has never been a primary or secondary color of UGA.. but it is part of their brand because they have worn silver pants since the 30’s. Blue has been a part of Tech since the EARLY 1900’s (and that has been proven on here before). So blue has technically always been part of the “brand”. Therefore you cannot say that blue is not Georgia Tech.
Silver was used almost continuously by the mutts for 50 years. Blue has been used RANDOMLY at best by Tech, and black was probably used just as often.

And then Bobby Dodd took us out of the SEC because Bear hurt his feelings.

And black folks weren't allowed to play football in the South.

Etc, etc. Times change.

The kids we're recruiting today were in first grade (or less) when Calvin Johnson last played here. Our last claimed NC was a decade before they were born.

Tradition is great and all for getting old folks to give money, but it doesn't mean squat to the kids.
Tell that to the kids who worship the cow college in Athens. They have maintained most of their traditions, although I don't think I have seen silver britches since Dooley, and the kids LOVE those traditions. There's no reason why Tech traditions can't appeal to them too.