New Gray Uniforms with Children's Healthcare

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
So you still think the gray jerseys were done exclusively for choa? Sorry but that’s just not so. So once again this boils down to a team deciding to use an alternate uni and not everyone is gonna love it. And that should be okay.

I'm about a tick away from hoping we NEVER wear white or gold again just to mess with you dudes.

Good lord.

iqt.gif

abandon.gif

It is okay that some don't dig them. It's also okay to tell those people they are being silly. This is how discussions work.
Actually DISCUSSIONS do not work by someone calling someone else silly for what they believe or say. Discussions work by accepting all viewpoints as valid, and all those expressing those viewpoints as contributing equally to the conversation without fear of being called out.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
Actually DISCUSSIONS do not work by someone calling someone else silly for what they believe or say. Discussions work by accepting all viewpoints as valid, and all those expressing those viewpoints as contributing equally to the conversation without fear of being called out.

I respect your point of view but I absolutely believe it's fine to call out bad takes, as long as it's nothing personal. That's just me, though. What bugs me is when people act as if they are being persecuted just because their opinion is challenged.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned

Hey you. Sit in your corner and shut up!!! :ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL: You aren’t real Tech fan if you have a different opinion from the group think crowd.

100% on board with every Tech move or jump off the train bub. Lol

So you’re good with grey unis. I believe you’d be okay with black unis as well (I could be mistaken). But no blue. I’m glad grey is your middle ground LOL
The gray uniforms look sorta ok, but they are still not Georgia Tech, no matter how much you attempt to rationalize things. I also don't want black unis, although I always liked the Black Watch jerseys from the 80s. I HATE BLUE in any form or shape or use thereof. UVA, Auburn, GSU, Pitt, Navy, ND, etc, etc can keep their damn navy blue. Georgia Tech is the White and Gold.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I respect your point of view but I absolutely believe it's fine to call out bad takes, as long as it's nothing personal. That's just me, though. What bugs me is when people act as if they are being persecuted just because their opinion is challenged.

Some of the posts have now been removed by mods but quite a few folks were telling Super and like minded fans to sit down and shut up.

H-Wade

Ramblin' Wreck
Let me see if I got this right... It's not ok to disagree with people who are overreacting for being this upset about uniforms. But it is ok to disagree with someone who thinks people are overreacting for being this upset about uniforms. Trying to figure out which topics we are allowed to disagree on.

Some of the posts have now been removed by mods but quite a few folks were telling Super and like minded fans to sit down and shut up.
So much for the value of free thought and free expression of those thoughts, huh? And I'm not referring to comments being removed by the mods; I'm referring to comments slamming others for what they believe, must like what @smokey_wasp thinks is acceptable.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Let me see if I got this right... It's not ok to disagree with people who are overreacting for being this upset about uniforms. But it is ok to disagree with someone who thinks people are overreacting for being this upset about uniforms. Trying to figure out which topics we are allowed to disagree on.

Let me try and help you out here.

Fan A: “man I really wish we only wore white and gold without exceptions.”
Fan B: “nah...that gets so boring...I wanna see variety...I wanna see Gold popping off Navy...white helmets...those Calvin Johnson jerseys”
Fan A: “we will just have to agree to disagree...those aren’t our stated school colors.”
Fan B: “we’ve never been consistent on colors. See you at the Clemson game.”
Fan A: “beat those damn Tigers!”

What actually happens here. “You suck as a fan if you disagree with me and should just shut up.”

You are welcome.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
A debate in which no one challenges anyone else would be a short debate, no? "I respectfully disagree with your opinion, but recognize it as valid". Okay, that's a wrap!

Disagreeing is great. Repeatedly telling someone else to stop expressing their opinion because they are tired of those debates is not a debate at all and does not in fact challenge any ideas.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Just pick a side it don't matter no one wins.