New Gray Uniforms with Children's Healthcare

stech81

Helluva Engineer
I support what the team does. But the fact is if you really think the colors of the football uniforms make the college you think different then I do I see the students and the professors are the ones that make the college. It's one game for a great cause get over it.

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
When they originally posted the photo of the uniform several weeks ago, some on here said they had "calibrated their monitor" and they were definitely blue. I thought they were gray all along until a video was posted this morning of a group of players wearing them, and they did look blue in that video. I like the gray.
So you’re good with grey unis. I believe you’d be okay with black unis as well (I could be mistaken). But no blue. I’m glad grey is your middle ground LOL

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
Well, to me, a special edition white and gold uniform could have been designed and selected for this special children’s charity game. But such a thing was not considered, apparently.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Well, to me, a special edition white and gold uniform could have been designed and selected for this special children’s charity game. But such a thing was not considered, apparently.

The use of a gray jersey was discussed and embraced prior to the decision to use it for the CHOA initiative.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Sorry guys, but you've got to get a life that doesn't involve making someone feel like an ******* that hates kids because they don't like the color of a jersey. What a sick way to twist someone's words.

Maybe I missed it in the video, or the article, or the link to the cape day website, but I fail to see what wearing gray has to do with helping the kids. What I did read was a loose connection between the color gray and John Heisman's scout team the Gray Devils. So sure, let's call it tradition that we're going to wear the jerseys of the guys that pretended to be our opponents for roughly 30 years in practice and call it tradition.

They could have picked whatever color they wanted and donated the proceeds to help sick kids...and HOPEFULLY the same group of people would have purchased the jersey to help the kids anway. Or here's a thought...maybe those acting like I don't want to help kids could donate to this charity annually instead of waiting for the opportunity to purchase a cool looking jersey to do so.

Sheesh...maybe I've been caught in a weak moment where I care what people on the internet say, but really man...what a joke.

Who cares about a freaking jersey color this much?

OlaJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I don't give a damn what the players wear. They are the ones that put in the hard work. They deserve to wear whatever they want. Especially if it is for sick children's benefit. Would I prefer they wear white and gold in some combination, sure but what I REALLY care about is Adidas making more gold for me to wear! Players can wear what they want in my opinion but the fans should ALWAYS be wearing gold. Except for the whiteout game. I just want Adidas to make a gold jersey available and a gold GT hat. Is that too much to freaking ask?

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I don't give a damn what the players wear. They are the ones that put in the hard work. They deserve to wear whatever they want. Especially if it is for sick children's benefit. Would I prefer they wear white and gold in some combination, sure but what I REALLY care about is Adidas making more gold for me to wear! Players can wear what they want in my opinion but the fans should ALWAYS be wearing gold. Except for the whiteout game. I just want Adidas to make a gold jersey available and a gold GT hat. Is that too much to freaking ask?

So the team can wear any color under the sun but fans should always wear gold? Reasonable. :D

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I don't. But I do care that he tried to act like he didn't know what the jerseys were for before he disparaged the whole thing.

So you still think the gray jerseys were done exclusively for choa? Sorry but that’s just not so. So once again this boils down to a team deciding to use an alternate uni and not everyone is gonna love it. And that should be okay.

OlaJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
So the team can wear any color under the sun but fans should always wear gold? Reasonable. :D
I clearly said I prefer them wear some combination of white and gold, not any color under the sun. But yeah, why shouldn't Tech fans show up in gold? Is that too much to ask?

GTJackets

Ramblin' Wreck
As a father of an adopted child with severe special needs (see profile pic), I can't think of any reason why this is a bad thing. I'm proud of our AA for taking this relationship to the next level. Because we live in the Charleston area our lives haven't been touched by CHOA, but we spend lots of time at MUSC which is the Charleston equivalent. I can't express to you guys and gals how much of an impact this will have on those kids and their families. And to think of the impact it's had and will continue to have on our SA's is awesome as well. Spend a little time with these kids and it will change your whole perspective on life. Their outlook is incredible.

The exposure for our school and football program is way down the list of positives in this scenario for me personally. But it is on the list.

If it takes our football team "breaking from tradition" for one week and wearing a grey colored jersey, then that's a small price to pay to honor these kids and their families. Couldn't be prouder of our AA and our SA's.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I clearly said I prefer them wear some combination of white and gold, not any color under the sun. But yeah, why shouldn't Tech fans show up in gold? Is that too much to ask?

It would be nice if more did. Or if a majority actually wore white for a whiteout. But Tech fans don’t appear to like wearing white and gold very much. IIWII

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
So you still think the gray jerseys were done exclusively for choa? Sorry but that’s just not so. So once again this boils down to a team deciding to use an alternate uni and not everyone is gonna love it. And that should be okay.

It is okay that some don't dig them. It's also okay to tell those people they are being silly. This is how discussions work.

I work at a high school so I see it everyday.....the uniforms that kids get into are stuff like Oregon, special one offs, etc.... There are those Bama kids but if we want to attract them we need a decade of 10-11 wins EVERY YEAR. I'm not so certain that is going to happen. Until this year Tech has been seen as a boring unrelatable brand. The needle has moved with Collins and stuff like these uniforms only helps.
I agree that Collins has moved the needle. I seriously doubt that these uniforms have any effect whatsoever, either good or bad.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
As a father of an adopted child with severe special needs (see profile pic), I can't think of any reason why this is a bad thing. I'm proud of our AA for taking this relationship to the next level. Because we live in the Charleston area our lives haven't been touched by CHOA, but we spend lots of time at MUSC which is the Charleston equivalent. I can't express to you guys and gals how much of an impact this will have on those kids and their families. And to think of the impact it's had and will continue to have on our SA's is awesome as well. Spend a little time with these kids and it will change your whole perspective on life. Their outlook is incredible.

The exposure for our school and football program is way down the list of positives in this scenario for me personally. But it is on the list.

If it takes our football team "breaking from tradition" for one week and wearing a grey colored jersey, then that's a small price to pay to honor these kids and their families. Couldn't be prouder of our AA and our SA's.

Agree with almost everything wholeheartedly. But it wasn’t “necessary” to trot the gray out to do this.

Gray could have been trotted out for any game. But at least the color controversy is providing more attention to this initiative. I don’t know if that was genius planning or accidental coincidence but at least a positive has come from it.