NCAA violations found at GT

Deleted member 2897

Capel's results this year are not relevant to whether he is or would have been a good coach for us. He started literally at ground zero after the Stallings fiasco - below where CJP found himself a couple of years ago. In his first year he brought in 2 four star recruits each of his 2 classes plus several 3 star guys. Jury is still out on him.

I mean, so have we. On our roster next year, we'll have 4 guys rated 4-stars. We weren't supposed to win a single ACC game our first year.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
I mean, so have we. On our roster next year, we'll have 4 guys rated 4-stars. We weren't supposed to win a single ACC game our first year.

So do you think Capel's record this year means he is a bad coach and wouldn't have succeeded at GT on that basis?

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer
So do you think Capel's record this year means he is a bad coach and wouldn't have succeeded at GT on that basis?

I think the jury is still out on Capel. But, to the extent it is, the jury is still sort of out on Pastner (though to a lesser extent). That is my point. So far, their first year records are relatively comparable.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I wouldn't know. I wasn't a GT recruit...

Too soon?

o-u.gif

(Not soon enough, brother.)

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
I think the jury is still out on Capel. But, to the extent it is, the jury is still sort of out on Pastner (though to a lesser extent). That is my point. So far, their first year records are relatively comparable.

I don't argue with that at all. Especially the to a lesser extent part. :p

My reaction was to the idea that this year's record somehow was definitive Capel is a bad coach and we made a bad choice. FWIW I didn't know much about Drew but was a fan of both Capel and Keats when we went with CJP. But regardless, CJP still has at least one more year and most likely 2 to convince the jury.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Maybe the NCAA is punishing us for sucking at cheating? Go big or go to Level 1! If we would have paid Sexton and Carter six figures, made the final four, and made the NCAA buckets of money, "federal crimes" would have miraculously been out of their purview.

Shame on GT for trying to bribe recruits by giving a player $300 to take recruits to watch young ladies perform for law school tuition.
GT didn't pay for it... A booster (Jack) did...

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
Maybe I'm getting the wrong impression of this but to me this sounds like just a formal step in wrapping what was pretty much already known, or heavily speculated.
This. There were a lot of questions about La Barrie and questions why Tech did not give him more support instead of firing him. These charges may be an attempt by the NCAA to get everything out in the open, accept Tech's action and response as adequate, and officially close the LA Barrie/Ron Bell incidents. At least that is what I choose to believe until I learn differently.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
This. There were a lot of questions about La Barrie and questions why Tech did not give him more support instead of firing him. These charges may be an attempt by the NCAA to get everything out in the open, accept Tech's action and response as adequate, and officially close the LA Barrie/Ron Bell incidents. At least that is what I choose to believe until I learn differently.

It has to be just a formality. But again this is Ga Tech vs the NCAA

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Hmmmmm. New member since January and same last name as Jordan Usher who transferred in around the same time......
They take you guys to Cheetah as well??? Lol

We can meet up with him there wknd of the ND game. I might be able to get us a reserved table.