NCAA Ruling - Postseason Ban, Among Other Bogus Things...

lauraee

Helluva Engineer
Was the recruit (not gonna use names because he didn't come here and is responsible for this mess) 18 at the time of the visit? If he was, think back to when you were 18 in the big city. Did you want to go look at the computer lab or library? Or would you rather want to see a Georgia Peach? (Disclaimer: I've been to strip clubs, been kicked out of a strip club. Haven't been to one in over 10years and no desire to go to another one. But, I remember when I was 18 on my recruiting trips....I didn't give a beaver dam about the computer labs or library.)

You can't prove, without confession, that the cash was given from the coach or booster. Maybe this recruit had $300 cash on him. I mean, how else does he pay for those massive tattoos while he was in high school? Wait, the tats aren't there in the photos for the McDonald's All American Game, but are there in his college photos.

Course, that's none of my business.:cigar:
Pretty sure best & Forrest took Marbury out to strip club on his recruiting visit. Of course they were current players, and don't think any AC or alum went with them.

lauraee

Helluva Engineer
The only positive thing that can be said about that is that they’ll have a harder time justifying lower-level penalties for Kansas.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
No it will be easy for them to let KU skate, SSDD for the ncaa with the blue bloods.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
The optics are bad.

You can't take a high school kid to a strip club then complain about getting punished for it.

Unfortunately we made it easy for the NCAA.

/

But you can put the coach on leave, not allow him to come back, self report yourself, allow the host player to sit out and transfer, suspend the two players in the separate offenses, self impose recruiting restrictions and expect the NCAA to be reasonable as a governing body and not an emotional ex girlfriend who’s reacting to her other booty calls recent betrayal as reason for wrath.

GT14

Jolly Good Fellow
But you can put the coach on leave, not allow him to come back, self report yourself, allow the host player to sit out and transfer, suspend the two players in the separate offenses, self impose recruiting restrictions and expect the NCAA to be reasonable as a governing body and not an emotional ex girlfriend who’s reacting to her other booty calls recent betrayal as reason for wrath.

I 100% agree, but I don't think he's wrong. If they went to a Hawks game and was given $300 in clothes I doubt the punishment would be as bad.

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
Whoa, now Peac. Back away from the keyboard. That there is some real crazy talk...

slugboy

Staff member
I 100% agree, but I don't think he's wrong. If they went to a Hawks game and was given $300 in clothes I doubt the punishment would be as bad.

If the sentence had come down last year, I doubt it would have included postseason or the campus recruiting restrictions. I think they’d have been pretty much what we self imposed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MidtownJacket

Staff member
This is not correct. The appeals process can take up to 110 days. I believe the institution and/or individuals have 10 days to notify the NCAA of their intent to appeal.
Since GT and the NCAA agree on the facts of the case (other than Bell being a booster) the only thing GT can appeal is that the penalties were excessive.

Thanks

slugboy

Staff member
It helps that I pretty much lost interest in b-ball since Tech gave Cremins the shaft. Still amazes me he is so pro Tech after that.

He was getting kind of tired and looking for a second wind, left for his alma mater South Carolina, we welcomed him back after a few weeks (?? Trying to remember how long), and we backed him for years after that. I think he was kind of done, but the place for him was in the AA somewhere.
Maybe there’s something else we could have done, but it was obvious the fans and students and AA loved him

Deleted member 2897

Just read on the AJC that “the NCAA infractions committee recommended that players be permitted to transfer and compete immediately at new schools because of the postseason ban” (on Georgia Tech). So they didn’t just issue infractions, they pre-judged any possible transfer requests and encouraged our players to leave?

**** You NCAA. Kiss My ***.

LibertyTurns

Banned
Just read on the AJC that “the NCAA infractions committee recommended that players be permitted to transfer and compete immediately at new schools because of the postseason ban” (on Georgia Tech). So they didn’t just issue infractions, they pre-judged any possible transfer requests and encouraged our players to leave?

**** You NCAA. Kiss My ***.
GT’s getting 20 to life for jaywalking. We might as well just go ahead & commit a real crime. Set up fake classes, buy them some boats & hoes, get them a nice ride, etc.