NCAA Ruling - Postseason Ban, Among Other Bogus Things...

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
I actually don't want the decision delayed. Much as I would like to see us dance, I don't want to simply delay a ban and have to recruit next year with it still hanging over our heads. We only have 1 slot left as opposed to 5 next year.

I agree, but if they delay the decision, and then rule in our favor, we’re golden.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
If the lil girl did not go before the ncaa with us, like he did for uncheats, then he isn’t “on our side”.

He is “on the side” of puke, uncheats & notre lame. That is it.

His comments are basically the least he could do and still feign "support" from the conference.

"I am disappointed in this outcome. Wait, you want me to stand and say that? Nah, no thanks."

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
If the lil girl did not go before the ncaa with us, like he did for uncheats, then he isn’t “on our side”.

He is “on the side” of puke, uncheats & notre lame. That is it.

He would likely go to the wall for loserville, too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Deleted member 2897

I actually don't want the decision delayed. Much as I would like to see us dance, I don't want to simply delay a ban and have to recruit next year with it still hanging over our heads. We only have 1 slot left as opposed to 5 next year.

Yea but think about if that hits in the out year. Going from 5 to 4 isn’t even really a penalty for us.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
Yea but think about if that hits in the out year. Going from 5 to 4 isn’t even really a penalty for us.

That wasn't the point I was trying to make. I agree losing one ship isn't the end of the world.

I don't want to have to recruit a larger and pivotal class with the restriction that they can't go to the tournament their first year. Top guys will expect to go so that is a handicap I would rather get out of the way if the expectation of the lawyers is a low chance of success with the appeal.

GT_EE78

Banned
hmmm, could the NCAA find a way to double screw us for appealing?
what if we made the tourney and advanced to the sweet sixteen and then the NCAA ruled against the appeal.
Would we have to forfeit the upcoming game plus serve the ban in the following year???

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
what if we made the tourney and advanced to the sweet sixteen and then the NCAA ruled against the appeal.
Would we have to forfeit the upcoming game plus serve the ban in the following year???
No, they would not do that because it would affect other teams as well. I think we will know before the NCAA Tournament. If we are selected, we will play until we lose.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer

No. We'd just be banned for the following year's post season.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
That wasn't the point I was trying to make. I agree losing one ship isn't the end of the world.

I don't want to have to recruit a larger and pivotal class with the restriction that they can't go to the tournament their first year. Top guys will expect to go so that is a handicap I would rather get out of the way if the expectation of the lawyers is a low chance of success with the appeal.

We aren't getting blue chips regardless, but 4 year, get old, stay old guys. If we think we have a shot at the tourney this year, I am good with trying the appeal. Making it might help recruiting the most.

GTbball2016

Helluva Engineer
This might be a dumb question, but if this team struggles for the first few months of the year, can they drop the appeal and just accept the postseason ban?

THWG16

Ramblin' Wreck
We aren't getting blue chips regardless, but 4 year, get old, stay old guys. If we think we have a shot at the tourney this year, I am good with trying the appeal. Making it might help recruiting the most.
We used to get blue chips , why can’t we anymore ?