NCAA Ruling - Postseason Ban, Among Other Bogus Things...

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Why is that a bad question ?

Like Cone said, you keep your head buried in the sand. The reasons have been stated over and over again.

Budget, academics, underperformance over the last decade (or two), etc. We all love GT hoops and remember the glory days, but wake up.

Do you have any clue how much money UGA commits to their basketball budget in comparison to GT? All things are not equal.

You're so busy whining about **** that you don't even see the talent that is on this team. Please go back to sleep!

THWG16

Ramblin' Wreck
Like Cone said, you keep your head buried in the sand. The reasons have been stated over and over again.

Budget, academics, underperformance over the last decade (or two), etc. We all love GT hoops and remember the glory days, but wake up.

Do you have any clue how much money UGA commits to their basketball budget in comparison to GT? All things are not equal.

You're so busy whining about **** that you don't even see the talent that is on this team. Please go back to sleep!
Well if that’s the case then we all should be emailing stansbury trying to make changes . Or maybe we should join the Ivy League if we’re gonna take academics to that level . I’m excited about this team , great win other night, I also think the football program is headed in right direction , look I’m a passionate fan , I know negativity doesn’t help , but I just want GT to exceed & ive seen it in my life in all the major sports & I think the academic restrictions are a little overboard & I’ve emailed the powers that be . There’s no reason we can’t be a great institute & compete for titles . Sorry if I came across as a downer or too negative

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member

Perhaps the gentleman came here for information. Not everyone is versed in why we've fallen so far as a program. We've given fans plenty of reason(s) to be pissed at the state of things.

Not me, of course. I'm always sunshine and lollipops. Of course. :angelic:

You guys're so mean.

herb

Helluva Engineer
I don’t understand why that’s a bad question either. Academics is a total ruse, especially in basketball. It has to be about something else, hmmmm, what could it be?

MidtownJacket

Staff member
https://www.si.com/college/2019/11/08/james-wiseman-memphis-ineligible-ncaa

What are the odds they get any penalties?

Pound for pound, seems like the death penalty to me.

Edit: the second sentence is full of snarky sarcasm.

The new way to respond to the NCAA post our kneecapping is summed up well by their AD:

“We will continue to be cooperative, respectful and professional in our dealings with the NCAA, while availing ourselves of every resource in the best interests of our student-athlete, our coaching, and our University."

Read: telling them to find a nice short pier and take a long refreshing walk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slugboy

Staff member

I would think that, even though there are some differences, this would work in our favor for our appeal comparing severity and recency.

My expectations for the NCAA never quite pan out, and hearing the BayBay Thomas fishing expedition story makes me feel like they have an axe to grind with us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Sports Illustrated is reporting that Memphis could be subject to a major infractions case for knowlingly playing Wiseman when he was likely ineligible. Their playing him after being warned would be seen as an aggravating circumstance.

So Wiseman sitting out 12 games is just his penalty for playing while ineligible for receiving impermissable benefits.

Have to see if NCAA moves forward and announces an infractions case against Memphis. That is where a possible post-season ban or other penalties would come into play.
https://www.si.com/college/2019/11/20/james-wiseman-ineligible-ruling-ncaa-memphis-penny-hardaway