NCAA Ruling - Postseason Ban, Among Other Bogus Things...

Deleted member 2897

GT’s getting 20 to life for jaywalking. We might as well just go ahead & commit a real crime. Set up fake classes, buy them some boats & hoes, get them a nice ride, etc.

One of Clemson’s coaches was caught explaining how they pay athletes, so he was fired. Nothing from the NCAA. Clemson reported 13 violations this summer. No comment from the NCAA.

MiracleWhips

Ramblin' Wreck
So any word on if admin is going to go through with the appeal or not? How many days do we have left to do so at this point?

slugboy

Staff member
Just read on the AJC that “the NCAA infractions committee recommended that players be permitted to transfer and compete immediately at new schools because of the postseason ban” (on Georgia Tech). So they didn’t just issue infractions, they pre-judged any possible transfer requests and encouraged our players to leave?

**** You NCAA. Kiss My ***.

I think that’s an automatic recommendation with a postseason ban.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

okiemon

Helluva Engineer

jbix80

Ramblin' Wreck
I don’t know how to attach things, but AJC has an interesting article on the appeal. Supposedly, we had to appeal by yesterday, and we did. The chance of making the postseason (If we are good enough) is high this year because all penalties are “stayed” until the appeal process is final. According to the article, the average time for this to resolve is eight months. That takes us into June. Who knows? They may expedite the process because we are GT. We also appealed the visitation penalty and reduced scholarship penalty as well. The problem with all of this is that it could only delay the inevitable by one year.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
I actually don't want the decision delayed. Much as I would like to see us dance, I don't want to simply delay a ban and have to recruit next year with it still hanging over our heads. We only have 1 slot left as opposed to 5 next year.

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer
I actually don't want the decision delayed. Much as I would like to see us dance, I don't want to simply delay a ban and have to recruit next year with it still hanging over our heads. We only have 1 slot left as opposed to 5 next year.

I wonder if we can withdraw our appeal late in the season if it becomes clear we won’t make the tourney. That is the kind of UNC level stuff we need to be doing!

GT_EE78

Banned
I get that but i'd take dancing now. Our chances won't be as good after Banks graduates.