NCAA Ruling - Postseason Ban, Among Other Bogus Things...

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
given how bad the football team is looking. some of you may want to embrace the basketball program as our football team could go 1-10

and we are picked middle tier in the acc for bb. we can at least enjoy the season.

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
That view is excessively broad and devoid of actual cause and effect. Not EVERYTHING that occurs in the family is the responsibility of the head of the household. Family members are autonomous agents and can act of their own accord. It is possible to be a good parent and have bad stuff happen. It is possible to be a good manager and have bad stuff happen.

When Hewitt goes to the national championship game and becomes a hot commodity, Braine does what he does to hang on to the next big thing. But then Hewitt takes a nose dive off the tree top of success. Who are fans mad at? Not Hewitt for tanking, but Braine. It was his decision and he has to be blamed for it, even though nobody squawked at the time the contract was given.

Fans are mad and they want someone to pay for making them mad. I get it. Have fun with that.

how about being po at both. the ad should have known better. phew grrrrrrrrrrr. pos.

GT_EE78

Banned
given how bad the football team is looking. some of you may want to embrace the basketball program as our football team could go 1-10

and we are picked middle tier in the acc for bb. we can at least enjoy the season.
Imagine that, you're not the only one who came back to this thread for some optimism .....

Bogey

Helluva Engineer

Would you care to predict the outcome of our 12th game? :)

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk

Fatmike91

Helluva Engineer
So we are going to continue support of Pastner. Let me help him with his talking points to future recruits:
1) We are down some recruit spots but no worries, my coaching skills will make up for it
2) As far as not being able to experience a game, no problemo - they are really better on tv anyway
3) Worries about future violations --- my tremendous judgment and what I learned from 2019 should assure that will never happen again
4) When will things be back to normal? we should be out of all this by the middle of the next decade assuming violations I know nothing about don't happen for which of course, I might have to throw the offender under the bus

Any thoughts or edits are allowed

The good news for a current player (or a new recruit) is we are down a scholly so that means everyone on the roster is going to get more playing time. If you come here, you're gonna play.

/

jayparr

Helluva Engineer
Don't be that guy. Tstan's hands are cuffed behind his back. Nothing he can do at this point but appeal this.
*Agree to a point ,but stan should hold coaches meetings about this stuff and that there would be huge penalties for them to be reckoned with. The each head coach have talk with his assistants. Isn't this what ceo's would do?

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Is it true we should hear about the appeal within 10 days of submitting?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is not correct. The appeals process can take up to 110 days. I believe the institution and/or individuals have 10 days to notify the NCAA of their intent to appeal.
Since GT and the NCAA agree on the facts of the case (other than Bell being a booster) the only thing GT can appeal is that the penalties were excessive.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
The good news for a current player (or a new recruit) is we are down a scholly so that means everyone on the roster is going to get more playing time. If you come here, you're gonna play.

/

That's been true for the last 10+ years. Hasn't meant much on the trail.

Bogey

Helluva Engineer

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
Was the recruit (not gonna use names because he didn't come here and is responsible for this mess) 18 at the time of the visit? If he was, think back to when you were 18 in the big city. Did you want to go look at the computer lab or library? Or would you rather want to see a Georgia Peach? (Disclaimer: I've been to strip clubs, been kicked out of a strip club. Haven't been to one in over 10years and no desire to go to another one. But, I remember when I was 18 on my recruiting trips....I didn't give a beaver dam about the computer labs or library.)

You can't prove, without confession, that the cash was given from the coach or booster. Maybe this recruit had $300 cash on him. I mean, how else does he pay for those massive tattoos while he was in high school? Wait, the tats aren't there in the photos for the McDonald's All American Game, but are there in his college photos.

Course, that's none of my business.:cigar:

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
This statement by the head of the infractions committee is laughable.

“Quite frankly, if you’ve looked at the penalties we’ve prescribed to the institution, they’re actually at the lower level,” Maturi said.

https://www.insidehighered.com/news/2019/09/27/georgia-tech-basketball-banned-postseason-play

The only positive thing that can be said about that is that they’ll have a harder time justifying lower-level penalties for Kansas.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk