NCAA Baseball Tournament

LibertyTurns

Banned

In what universe does the ACC get 11 bids with wake forest getting in as a 3 seed?
Same wonderful universe that has the Mutts sitting at home!

Not good ending up in Nashville with Vandy but we should be thankful with this team we’re in the tournament to begin with. Too many bad losses.

Deleted member 2897

In what universe does the ACC get 11 bids with wake forest getting in as a 3 seed?

Some crazy **** in there. Louisville has to travel to California. Wake Forest has to travel to Texas. We have to go to ****ing Mississippi instead of Greenville NC, Charlotte, Columbia, Knoxville, etc. NC State, UNC, awake Forest, and Duke don't go to Greenville NC either...or Columbia, or Charlotte. Weird.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some crazy **** in there. Louisville has to travel to California. Wake Forest has to travel to Texas. We have to go to ****ing Mississippi instead of Greenville NC, Charlotte, Columbia, Knoxville, etc. NC State, UNC, and Duke don't go to Greenville NC either...or Columbia, or Charlotte. Weird.

Baseball America has us in Starkville too. Not sure if that's better or worse than vandy.

slugboy

Staff member
Ha. I'm far from a swarm coach but gut reaction says save Hurter for Game 2. I'd play the weekend to win so save your best for Vanderbilt.
College baseball seems like it has a more level playing field than even basketball. Not that we’re famously good for managing our rotation, but don’t overlook the Sycamores or PC. Those small schools have been h*** on us all season.
Just pitch the player who’s most ready for game 1. Then play game 2. One game at a time

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I’m just stunned and saddened that UGAG didn’t get a bid.

:cry:😭😿:cry:😭😿:cry:😭😿

:buzz::buzz::buzz::buzz::buzz::buzz::buzz::buzz::buzz:

Too bad we swept them. A lot of games, but we did our part!!!!!!

Piss on them.

The Swarm coaches are in deep thought on who we should start against Indiana St.

Grissom at 1PM Friday. Quick hook when needed. Not much thought.

Like Vandy save #1 (Hurter) for the second game winner's bracket. If in loser's bracket, we're toast.

Good news is if we win the regional we are more than 1/2 way to the CWS.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
I'm not rah rah ACC guy. Ga Tech happens to be that conference... but the ACC got little respect from committee for whatever reason.

Only 1 national seed... & salt in wound that was NOT a top 8. SEC had 6 national seeds & 4 x top 8. I'll concede SEC is probably better at top but no way it's that much better.

Then there is this...

Alabama also put on a good showing the SEC tournament. I think if Pitt had made the ACC finals, they would have been in over Alabama.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
:cry:😭😿:cry:😭😿:cry:😭😿

:buzz::buzz::buzz::buzz::buzz::buzz::buzz::buzz::buzz:

Too bad we swept them. A lot of games, but we did our part!!!!!!

Piss on them.

Grissom at 1PM Friday. Quick hook when needed. Not much thought.

Like Vandy save #1 (Hurter) for the second game winner's bracket. If in loser's bracket, we're toast.

Good news is if we win the regional we are more than 1/2 way to the CWS.
I would start Archer in the first game just because of the experience. I agree though that the only chance we have of winning the regional is having Hurter go in the second game. Even if we end up losing the first, we're going to need Hurter to help us stay alive and hopefully rest the pen for a miracle comeback.