NCAA Baseball Tournament

Deleted member 2897

Interesting to see CWS entries by conference:

Pac 12 - 2 (Stanford, Arizona)
SEC - 2 (Tennessee, Vanderbilt) possible 3 w/MS State
ACC - 2 (Virginia, NC State) possible 3 w/Notre Dame
Big 12 - 1 (Texas)

So 4 of the 5 Power Conferences will have all 8 entries. College Baseball has consistently had outliers attend College World Series...but not this year. Of course, if Notre Dame can beat Ms. State, that would give the ACC the most representation without hosting a single Super-Regional Site (though Virginia did get a neutral site), while the SEC hosted 4 Super Regionals and had 6 of the final 16.

Just like in the basketball postseason, is this where I get to make fun of the Big Ten again?

LibertyTurns

Banned
That's what happens when you take a sport filled with randomness and boil it down to a handful of games. Tournament baseball is super fun but the results are not typically indicative of who the best overall team is.
‘06 Cards were 83-78 regular season. They still got rings.

Edit: @FredJacket would tell you they didn’t waste any wins!!!!

Having all 21 of your #1 seeds get vanquished in the Regionals is not randomness though. It means someone’s cooking books instead of picking the best straight up or they’re loading the #1 with harder teams than they deserve. Doing anything like that 21 times in a row is not easy. Having a monkey pick instead would beat that record.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Just like in the basketball postseason, is this where I get to make fun of the Big Ten again?

Big **?
Coach Avent is pretty easy to root for... 15 min post game interview is worth a listen. Dude has some perspective & has been through the ringer over last few years personally.

Yeah I like him and O'Connor. They know how to do post-season.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
It was actually last week when they opened the super Regional, but yeah, it is hard to believe that we are seeing the same team.
Thanks for the correction. It wasn’t in the regional, it was vs. Arkansas, 8 days ago. Did you play collegiately?

Didn‘t want to start a new thread for this tragic college baseball medical news: