NCAA Baseball Tournament

LibertyTurns

Banned
Monday noon EST ESPN2 is when the only seeding which matters is announced.
The speculation & prognosticating is always entertaining, but that all goes out the window when selections are announced. It’s been hard for me to follow the last couple of weeks due to work heating up. I’m praying for a calm weekend here so I can get back to important stuff like GT Baseball & remembering those who made the ultimate sacrifice. Thanks for the info Nuke.

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
I'm not understanding this. Are they saying Florida State, NCST, and Miami are all better 2 seeds that we are?

They appear to simply rank teams 1-16 based on merit. Then they take 17-32 and pair them regionally. Which blows for us b/c there are too many National powerhouses in the SE.

Deleted member 2897

Yes, which is kind of crap. But it's not just ranking the teams and matching then up accordingly.

The committee also looks at things like travel distance, avoiding rematches, etc.

Avoiding rematches LOL. Like when we got an Auburn team, which was 10 spots higher in the rankings than the type of team we should have played. And, we had already played them in a series. And, they gave Auburn the home team advantage at our place.

Still full of @PerpetualButthurt.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Last night's results in our game & UT advancing made for a change in D1's projections. Read it & weep...

Upside... UGA in the "out" group now.
I'd actually be ok with that. Vandy has not been playing as well as Tennessee has lately. Rocker and Leiter have both looked hitable recently.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Coastal champs & #2 overall in ACC regular season deserves to be closest to home, right? Isn't that Columbia?

7 SEC hosts & 1 ACC .... pretty ridiculous.

THWG

Helluva Engineer

Deleted member 2897

Based on our out of conference résumé, I cannot really argue about getting a number 2 seed instead of a number 1 seed. However it is an interesting stat that this will be the first time in 15 years that the coastal division champ does not get a number 1 seed.

I just hope we play reasonably close like Columbia or Nashville even. Do t send us to ****ing Arizona or some ****.