NCAA Baseball Tournament

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Some clarity. Ok.... for postseason purposes, peak in April.

I assume this means if you are awarded to "host" ... your team will be part of field at that site. I suppose there is chance you could flop in May & be a #2-#4 seed at your home site.??? Not sure.

This also means it is pretty much inevitable some super-regionals sites will "host" after the home team was eliminated in regional round.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
D1 Baseball has more on this. D1B calls it a "hybrid" approach.

The hosting criteria has not yet been finalized by the NCAA. Schools will not be required to submit a financial guarantee, and it’s believed that the hosting criteria will consist of a hybrid approach, combining merit, location and other factors.

One of the factors is the ability to test & lead time explained shows why decisions must be made in May.

The NCAA, in a memo released over the weekend, said that a full week is needed to make sure the facility at an individual school can bet setup as a testing site. Meanwhile, a minimum of three weeks is needed to ensure that the site is functioning efficiently.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
There are 6 weekends left in regular season. Only 4 before regional sites are awarded on May 10th. For Ga Tech, that's...

at VT x3
at Ga State (midweek)
v FSU x3
at UGA (midweek)
v Kennesaw St x3 (2 home 1 road)
v Clemson x3

If Ga Tech leads division after all that, they get to host .. maybe even in line for super regional. I think the ACC is only going to get 3 (maybe only 2) top 16 seeds. I'm posting this now (so early) because this weekend matters a lot in that regard. I still feel like this team has IT. Just need to execute.

Go JACKETS!!

Upside.... peaking now is not near as critical as peaking in late May/June. At least we're not NCST or UVA ... who are already scrambling for a shot at postseason at all.