Mills

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
UNC couldn't stop our 2015 run game or Baylors WRs and RBs playing out of the wildcat with zero threat of throwing the ball. I think UGA pounds it all game with Chubb then Eason makes a couple of big throws while UNC is trying to stop Chubb. Dwagnation goes crazy about how this is the year.
What @FightWinDrink said. I kinda think if they start a freshmeat vs Chizik's defense they might be in trouble. Chizik was a blah HC but he's always been a really good DC.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
UNC couldn't stop our 2015 run game or Baylors WRs and RBs playing out of the wildcat with zero threat of throwing the ball. I think UGA pounds it all game with Chubb then Eason makes a couple of big throws while UNC is trying to stop Chubb. Dwagnation goes crazy about how this is the year.
In first half we did really well but we stalled out at tbe end. They totally sold out to run leaving slot wr uncovered. We ran the play into that and while it could have worked ....15 is so 15.

What I drew from baylor game was unc dc did not make in game adjustments. And he should have prepared for alternate offenses w injuy to all baylor ab.

I agree uga should be able to run chubb

Milwaukee

Banned
Only negative I've heard CPJ mention about MM is ball security. And I took it as room for improvement more than major issue. That could be the sole reason.

I literally can't wait for Saturday. I know what a special talent MM is, most Tech fans are underrating him and I'm not sure why.

That being said, if Mills is the Alpha and is gonna take the majority of the snaps at BB, then MM will end up starting at AB at some point imo. MM is waaaay too good not to be on the field full time.

This is all VERY good news fellas. We may be loaded more so than I thought in the backfield. Let's pray a WR, Camp maybe, steps up and gets wicked outside. I'm drinking the kool-aid fellas.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Sec could start off 0-4 against the acc by the end of week 2.

UNC vs UGA

FSU vs ole miss

Clemson vs auburn

VT vs Tennessee
My guess for these games is:UNC vs uGA will be tough for Smart to win, but he will unless Eason gets rattled. They have the better players. FSU will beat the Rebs and Clemson will do likewise to Auburn (they have the better players). And UT had better be careful to not be 0-2. They open with App State who was 11-2 last year and return most of that team. But, more likely the Vols will prevail in both. I think it will 2-2.

InsideLB

Helluva Engineer
I'm gonna have to respectfully disagree about Mills not being a feature back. Cpj said he didn't expect Mills to be this good and I believe that goes to running the ball as much as blocking, he has descent speed, good vision, balance, moves, and one of the most important things for Bback POWER! I could be wrong but I have been saying this since the spring Mills is going to be very very good. I think people are going to be surprised of his vision and his ability to make people miss once he gets to the second level.

I don't see where we disagree. I said in an earlier post in this thread I thought Mills was a smooth athlete and a legit Power 5 RB with good vision. I agree he projects to be a better open field back than what we've generally seen at BB. Obviously if he's starting as a tr-fr he has a chance to have a terrific career.

My point was if Mills isn't secure with the ball, doesn't make good pre-snap reads to be on the same page as the QB, and can't pass pro he doesn't start as a tr-fr. This Shaq-like ability to immediately understand what is being asked and turn around, correct mistakes, and execute things that took Laskey and Days until their senior seasons to execute is to me the real story.

When every player on the offense consistently does their job the result is a 2014 offense. If Mills is merely a fantastic runner but can't do the other things he may rack up some stats but the offense as a whole won't function as well. To me that is much more important to merely being able to run the ball well.

InsideLB

Helluva Engineer
What I meant above about Laskey is that he didn't master pass pro until his senior year. Days didn't prove he was secure with the ball until his senior season. These things shouldn't be taken for granted....they are not easy to accomplish or folks wouldn't struggle with them.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer

I find it very hard to believe that Chubbs is 100% less than 1 year after major knee surgery, i also heard Smart say in press conf. that he is not going to restrict his carries at all. That seems insane to me, reeks of desperation, and is a piss poor way to treat a young man and his future. If God forbid Chubb reinjures and winds up as another Lattimore case then the blame is on Smart.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
I posted earlier I thought Mills reminded me of Chubb, and wow he's starting. I know Marshall may feel a certain type of way getting his starting job took, but maybe he can turn it into a positive and fight hard not to fall further down the depth chart cause Benson & Hair Band are waiting. (Those two are actually more like thunder & lightning)

It's nice to see and like that redneck school in Athens, GT can have their own version of Chubbs & Michel.

BuzzStone

Helluva Engineer
I find it very hard to believe that Chubbs is 100% less than 1 year after major knee surgery, i also heard Smart say in press conf. that he is not going to restrict his carries at all. That seems insane to me, reeks of desperation, and is a piss poor way to treat a young man and his future. If God forbid Chubb reinjures and winds up as another Lattimore case then the blame is on Smart.

Smart doesn't give a crap about a great RB is what is sounds like to me. Give the boy a chance to get healthy. And then don't abuse him. He needs to see these guys are not getting paid big money right now. To risk a mans career is insane to me even if it is a mutt.

ACC Bee

Banned
It's going to be nice watching our B backs run with vision, wiggle and cutting ability. Skov didn't give us any of that. The difference will be stark!

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
I'm all in on the Mills bandwagon, but nothing has indicated Marshall has lost his starting job. There is an "OR" on the depth chart. Listing Mills first might be a reward for hard work or it might be motivation to Marcus. I'm willing to bet Marcus still gets 60-70% of the snaps unless he drops the ball or something. Good players play better with good competition. Also I agree with the sentiment "no way CPJ puts a tr-FR as a starter unless he's the real deal." Remember Marcus was that guy last year (injuries might have had some part in that, but we had a few other options.)

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
CPJ doesn't bump people who are performing well very easily (see: Laskey & Sims, B-back fiasco last yr). He may do committee approach, and of course injuries can shift things. For him to go this far to let true FR Mills tote the rock first is extremely encouraging about Mills given we've heard nothing bad about the other guys.

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
I'm all in on the Mills bandwagon, but nothing has indicated Marshall has lost his starting job.
CPJ stated that DM was getting the start. That's pretty clear. Also, MM will get plenty of carries, I'm sure. But I see no logic in giving the start to a kid who you only see getting 30% of the carries.

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

Chubb is one of the freakiest athletes in the last 10-20 years. It doesn't surprise me!