Mills

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
Get off it man! Get this thread back to talking about Mills this year. I liked what I saw today. Didn't have much room to work. Didn't pay attention to his pass pro. Anybody notice?

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
All. Mills is legit. He has a body type and athleticism at rb we havent had here in a long time. He is and will be every bit as good as some of those monster backs at other big schools. He is a gem. Today was the first look of a true freshman in big boy ball and seniors bounced off him.

Be patient. We have a treat on our hands.

Also. Pauls choice in o starters. I can think of only one time he was wrong and fixed it. It was at ol a few years back. He switched starters and positions. He has been right everytime in who he starts imo

Milwaukee

Banned
I'm a huge MM guy, it's no secret. But Mills looks like the real deal fellas. I'm so excited that we have both these studs. These 2 are big time, SEC caliber guys.

Mills showed me a ton today, not that MM didn't. Sky is the limit for these 2 animals.

Let's get them both on the field at the same time, I don't care how. These dudes are SPECIAL.

Congrats to DM for shaking off that fumble and responding in the clutch. I felt sorry for the safety or backer that tried to stop him on the game winner. Dude got punished.

Let's fix the OL issues and please please please have a WR step up.

#4th&19 Never forget
We're 1-0 fellas. Enjoy it.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
And like Paul says, if these people knew what they were talking about they would have their own team! I'm thinking maybe he picked his starter because he actually has a team and actually witnessed all their practice time. Now, I'm just guessing.
This board will never amount to diddly with guys like you throwing logic around like that.

southernhive

Jolly Good Fellow
I agree MM and Mills are great backs. i don't like to call them SEC caliber, but i would prefer we call them great backs from the South East since this is where most great running backs are born.

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
And let's try to steer this thread back to Dedrick.

Discussions about who should've started last year does not belong here for a multitude of reasons. Create a separate thread if you feel it's that important to discuss.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
We seriously got spoiled with Dwyer as our first BB. CPJ said at the time he was the ideal BB you wanted when designing this offense. Power, size, speed, vision, agility, toughness. He checked all the boxes. Every other BB after him has been unfairly compared to him. Heck, if not for Dwyer, we'd probably be happy with a "3 yards and a cloud of dust" type BB.

We've haven't had a BB like Dwyer...until Mills. He's not Dwyer level in terms of speed, he has some more playing before he checks the other boxes, but the BC game is a sign that Mills can be special. He had a few runs where you saw flashes...this guy is gonna be a joy to watch.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
We seriously got spoiled with Dwyer as our first BB. CPJ said at the time he was the ideal BB you wanted when designing this offense. Power, size, speed, vision, agility, toughness. He checked all the boxes. Every other BB after him has been unfairly compared to him. Heck, if not for Dwyer, we'd probably be happy with a "3 yards and a cloud of dust" type BB.

We've haven't had a BB like Dwyer...until Mills. He's not Dwyer level in terms of speed, he has some more playing before he checks the other boxes, but the BC game is a sign that Mills can be special. He had a few runs where you saw flashes...this guy is gonna be a joy to watch.
I haven't seen enough of Mills yet to say he is or isn't at Diesel's level speed-wise or not. You are probably right, but I sure like the toughness and the ability to stay on his feet thus far.