Miami Preparation Media Thread

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Rivals: Davis settling into his role as kicker
Davis and Brenton King both got to prepare for the conditions in Miami during practice on Monday. Davis said that if the offense can get him around the 30 or 35-yard line, he’s confident.

“We went back to the 45 today and we’re both making them pretty easily. It was a pretty hard day to kick today with the rain and everything so that was good, we both had good practices. I looked at the conditions (in Miami) last night, and they’re still the same, it said 80 percent (chance of rain). Today was perfect, a lot of wet ball drills and things we could do, so that was nice.”

Deleted member 2897

Great question, can't be a good thing. If Marshall can't play serious minutes by Clemson game then I hope he just resdhirts

I just read bad news about Marshall. I haven't seen anything official yet, so I guess it's not official. But I has a sad.

MountPGT1990

Banned
I just read bad news about Marshall. I haven't seen anything official yet, so I guess it's not official. But I has a sad.

That sucks, maybe that's why CPJ has seemed so grumpy the last couple of days. We've had some bad luck with OL career ending injuries last couple of years. This is a pretty big loss.

Isn't it about time for one of the twins to finally step up? They've been in the system for 2 1/2 years now

Stony157

Georgia Tech Fan
Here's what worries me: wet field and cutting. So defenses have been selling out to stop the pitch in previous games. On a wet field, the field does that for you, you can't plant and cut on mud. So now Miami can focus on stopping the inside run game. That's what I would do.

While Miami has decent speed, they aren't where they are trying to get. And rain and wind is a frequent visitor to their practices so they are used to that. Their run defense, front 7, are supposed to be really good this year and sometimes show signs of being good, but the LBs are not playing as well as last year when they were all freshmen. They are sometimes wrecklessly aggressive and it seems running plays are frequently either tackles for loss or big runs. It should be a very interesting game when Tech has the ball.

Vespid

Jolly Good Fellow
Can someone please tell me how to start a new thread on here? My IQ is below average
You're not allowed until you have 50 post replies, keeps out the trolls... JK. Go to the main forum page you want to post in, there's a pin on the right near the top that says "Post New Thread". Click that and you should be good to go.

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
You're not allowed until you have 50 post replies, keeps out the trolls... JK. Go to the main forum page you want to post in, there's a pin on the right near the top that says "Post New Thread". Click that and you should be good to go.

You da best. Thank you

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
247: LB Quarterman: We Can't Be Satisfied
Last season, Miami’s defense limited Georgia Tech to 267 yards [rushing] and two touchdowns [rushing]. The Hurricanes were able to force two fumbles that were returned for touchdowns and also came up with an interception.

Quarterman is confident that this year’s defense is even better equipped to handle Georgia Tech’s triple option.

“I think we are a a couple of steps forward from last year,” Quarterman said. “We have confidence and trust in each other, which allows us to play for each other. Even if we do miss assignments we fix it with our effort. I play for my teammates and they all play for each other. When you run to the ball, it fixes a lot of things.”

RedPete

Ramblin' Wreck

What did you mean by your typo "But I has a sad."? And where you read this bad news rumor? If it was behind a paywall can you say which one? With all reports lately saying Andrew Marshall was back to practicing, your hint comes as a pretty big bad surprise, so more info would be nice.

Gtech50

Ramblin' Wreck
What did you mean by your typo "But I has a sad."? And where you read this bad news rumor? If it was behind a paywall can you say which one? With all reports lately saying Andrew Marshall was back to practicing, your hint comes as a pretty big bad surprise, so more info would be nice.
Its behind the rivals paywall