Miami Preparation Media Thread

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
Said it last year, Step is our best coverage corner. That dude from Miami though, 0.0.
Yeah, he's probably pretty good, but I'm guessing he's not as good at covering the run as he is the pass. Get him burned on a few big runs his way until he cheats up with the motion, then bomb it to Ricky over his head. Boom

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
Yeah, he's probably pretty good, but I'm guessing he's not as good at covering the run as he is the pass. Get him burned on a few big runs his way until he cheats up with the motion, then bomb it to Ricky over his head. Boom
I know nothing about this guy, and I do hope you are right, but there is no way we are the first team to try play action against him.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
I know nothing about this guy, and I do hope you are right, but there is no way we are the first team to try play action against him.
Maybe not the first to try it, but who else has a running threat like we do? We are probably the only school out there that can routinely pick up 3rd and long with running plays. Besides, we'll probably "lull him to sleep" with all our runs...the announcers always say it, so it must be true ;)

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I really bet we are working on a few new pass routes for the critical 3 rd downs in the final push.

I hope we don't need them till last 2 games.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
After watch the Miami at FSU game I feel a little more confident if they play the same way they did against FSU.

FSU was running pretty good Miami, but for some reason continued in the passing game. The QB for Miami is pretty good but nothing special. When he was cold though, he was cold. We will need to get pressure on him and make him feel uncomfortable early on. The one thing Miami does have is skilled guys. 2 guys who can run the ball and 2 WR's who are pretty good.

MountPGT1990

Banned
Looked like UM lost Walton and that mammoth true Frosh OL on the same play with leg injuries. (That Frosh OL makes Shamire look small and is supposedly already their best OL)
If both of these guys miss our game due to injuries it could have a Bigly effect on the outcome

BobintheATL99

Jolly Good Fellow
Looked like UM lost Walton and that mammoth true Frosh OL on the same play with leg injuries. (That Frosh OL makes Shamire look small and is supposedly already their best OL)
If both of these guys miss our game due to injuries it could have a Bigly effect on the outcome
Yeah... with Walton being limited, if we can get pressure, the corners and safeties play the receivers well, we should do OK. FSU scored a bunch of points for a team with a freshman QB with limited game experience...

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
I was particularly impressed with Miami's interior offensive line during the Duke game. Duke brought a lot of pressure with their linebackers, with little success or penetration. If Miami gets their starting linemen back for our game, we will need to bring pressure off the edges to have success. When the Miami QB read the LB blitz, he quickly (almost blindly) dumped the ball off on a shallow crossing route.

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
Said it last year, Step is our best coverage corner. That dude from Miami though, 0.0.

More the pity, that this week Malek will have to practice tackling instead of press coverage. How is he coming off cut blocks? No free lancing this week bro, the Jackets are bringing the triple option and you get to play linebacker which means you might get that jersey a little dirty for a change.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Gonna have to run at Miami. Do a lot of misdirection and possibly mix in some screen passes. Miami's defense plays in the backfield and all this toss sweeps and option pitches will get neutralized. Intermediate and deep passes over what will surely be a 9 in the box front. No turnovers.

D gonna have to hold on cause that O is starting to click. Tackle well and get off the field on 3rd down.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
Walton looked slow vs. f$u, we will likely face a faster, fresher backup now- hopefully he is green as hell with a terminal case of fumbilitis and a terrible pass blocker