Miami Preparation Media Thread

Deleted member 2897

Do they run the same defense as uga , their DC ( Diaz) did not coach at uga.

I went back and looked at the georgia game from 2015 (Richt's last year there) and the Miami game from 2016 (Richt's first year there), and their alignments looked pretty similar.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Neutralize Miami speed = Weather/Rain
Effect GT ball security = Weather/Rain
I'm thinking we are going to be better "mudders" ...
Here's what worries me: wet field and cutting. So defenses have been selling out to stop the pitch in previous games. On a wet field, the field does that for you, you can't plant and cut on mud. So now Miami can focus on stopping the inside run game. That's what I would do.

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
Neutralize Miami speed = Weather/Rain
Effect GT ball security = Weather/Rain
I'm thinking we are going to be better "mudders" ...
Disagree.

Gt is a finesse running team involving a lot of cutting and change of direction, with smallish linemen.

A fast track benefits gt.

Mudders are teams like Ohio state that line up and slam it at you behind a huge ol.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Disagree.

Gt is a finesse running team involving a lot of cutting and change of direction, with smallish linemen.

A fast track benefits gt.

Mudders are teams like Ohio state that line up and slam it at you behind a huge ol.
Agree completely. Plus, iirc, we have recently played there in a monsoon and found it did not help us at all.

Deleted member 2897

Agree completely. Plus, iirc, we have recently played there in a monsoon and found it did not help us at all.

Well, I don't think you can read too much from the 2015 game. JT5 got hurt after the first drive, and that was also the year we had a zillion injuries. I expect this year's game against University-7 will be much more competitive.

MountPGT1990

Banned
Five UM football starters not practicing during media viewing
BY SUSAN MILLER DEGNAN
OCTOBER 10, 2017 9:44 AM

A practice update after our second and final viewing period during ball-security drills on Tuesday morning:

Missing from stretch and off to the side on the conditioning bikes: Starting safety Sheldrick Redwine, who left the Florida State game late in the third quarter; starting cornerback Dee Delaney, who had his first interception on Saturday; All-American receiver Ahmmon Richards, who possibly reinjured his previously pulled hamstring; and freshman right guard Navaughn Donaldson, who was hurt (right leg) on the same fourth-quarter play as star running back Mark Walton.

So, with Walton out for the season (ankle surgery), that makes five starters not on the field today — at least during our early viewing.

Donaldson is wearing a large black boot on his right leg and is pedaling with his left leg. And Delaney is pedaling with his left leg.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/c...-of-miami/article178020681.html#storylink=cpy

Deleted member 2897

I feel bad for every hurt player. But we don't need to apologize to anybody if we can find a way to win. When we have had injured players, especially in 2015, nobody felt sorry for us. We didn't win any participation trophies or get any free points on the score board.

MountPGT1990

Banned
I feel bad for every hurt player. But we don't need to apologize to anybody if we can find a way to win. When we have had injured players, especially in 2015, nobody felt sorry for us. We didn't win any participation trophies or get any free points on the score board.

Totally agree. I hate to hear about injuries, but I promise you no one felt sorry for us in 2015. I remember telling my football friends that year that we were decimated by injuries and had 6 or 7 running backs that we lost to injuries, etc, but to them it was just excuses they didn't want to hear.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member

True. Plus them dudes "not practicing" during "media viewing" smells like gamesmanship to me. I'm sure they'll be fine.

Eastman

Helluva Engineer
The worst thing about football is the injuries. It is easily my favorite sport to watch or play but it is so sad when a kid works so hard only to miss a whole season due to injury.