Miami Preparation Media Thread

Yjacket82

Georgia Tech Fan
Our OL has little depth and we have been unable to protect the passer. I have a feeling our D will get exposed by Miami’s passing game. I notice that we have been unable to cover quick passes to the WRs and we usually do not cover the running back coming out of the backfield.

I like our QB but he is 180 lbs and will probably get pounded by Miami’s front seven (they go two deep). I mean every time Marshall drops to pass he gets sacked or faces pressure.

Marshall playing his first away game is a BIG concern for me. Also, the fact that Miami has sparked us in 7 out the last 8 meetings between our squads. Let’s not forget that Pastor Richt is 14-2 vs GT.

Let’s hope for the best but prepare for the worst!

I am not sure we win, but I do not think for the reasons you posted. Yes, I think OL depth could be a concern as the season progresses, but I don't think that it is a logical reason for predicting an individual loss. The starters are good and we have enough depth for any "typical" injuries for 1 game. I know that could always happen, but that is a weird way to predict an individual game result.

I think our D has done a much better job on the quick, short junk this year and covering RBs coming out of the backfield (which UM just lost their best threat at that). I think UM's tall WRs are potentially more dangerous.

Marshall will get pounded, but he is too young in his career to turn into Vad Lee (I hope). Short of an actual injury, he will be okay. Not sure this is a much bigger stage than playing in MB as the only game on national TV. Didn't he break some kind of Lamar Jackson rushing record in that game? Have you noticed that he has played better in the bigger games that the Jacksonville State stuff (small sample size, I know). I get the sacking stuff, but I do not think we throw as much as a lot of teams.

Even though we have been "sparked" by UM and Richt, I am not sure past success is an indication of future results (see Clemson in BDS last year as an example).

No, I tend to agree with most of the posters here, I believe it will come down to turnovers. Both teams are effectively the same as last year, other that replacing QBs. Both QBs seem about as good as their predecessors. Both teams were able to move the ball against each other last year. The three Tech turnovers were the difference. I counter UM's 5 starters out with their home field advantage. It looks like weather may not be as crappy as was earlier thought. Could be a fun game.

Go Jackets!!!

MountPGT1990

Banned
Why does ESPN's Jesse Palmer keep saying GT has beaten Miami 7 of the past 8 games?? Talking heads literally just spout out info, ....but I guess it's good FAKE news for GT!
It's like the third time I have heard him say it since yesterday, you think someone would have let him in on his mistake by now, but whatever , just roll with it and use it as your main reason for picking GT