Miami Postgame

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I think that may have been one of the (many) plays when one of our guys helmet came off. There was one play in the sequence when that happened and the rd stopped the clock to tell him to go to the sideline.
Ahah! Has the mystery been solved? Thanks. I remember something like that happening around the same point in the game, now that you say that. Maybe it was the same play.

Silk3

Ramblin' Wreck
Havent read anything in here so dont know if its been mentioned...but when we were up 14-3 or 14-6 i think before halftime we were driving and it was either third down and we punted or went for it on fourth down...we threw screen pass to Jeune...if good pass and he doesnt have to jump for ball he either scores td or gets easy first down....after he caught it he still could of got first down if he cut the ball up where his blocker was but he went wrong way and it ruined possession and we had to punt and they go down and score before half 14-13. That imo was what cost us game. Obviously we still shoulda won and had to have many things go wrong to find a new way to lose, but if we scored on play im talking we go up 21-6 at half with all the momentum and get ball...frustrating

Silk3

Ramblin' Wreck
Another thing I wamt to say...i keep seeing people ask why its the defenses fault and not offense...bc we had a lead and only needed 1 stop to win the game in both and oppenent had to drive 80+ yards!! Also offense started struggling in the monsoon but defense let Miami go up and down in the rain?!? Its pouring rain please ****ing make the Miami qb battle the conditions and make throws down field!!! Your gonna let him make 6-7 screens in a row in the storm?? Ted trying to make it as easy as possible for him??What a joke...make them beat you we keep beating ourselves! Also we were up 2 points playing it like we were up over a fieldgoal. Doesnt make sense.. i feel bad for the kids/team.

684Bee

Helluva Engineer
Another thing I wamt to say...i keep seeing people ask why its the defenses fault and not offense...bc we had a lead and only needed 1 stop to win the game in both and oppenent had to drive 80+ yards!! Also offense started struggling in the monsoon but defense let Miami go up and down in the rain?!? Its pouring rain please ****ing make the Miami qb battle the conditions and make throws down field!!! Your gonna let him make 6-7 screens in a row in the storm?? Ted trying to make it as easy as possible for him??What a joke...make them beat you we keep beating ourselves! Also we were up 2 points playing it like we were up over a fieldgoal. Doesnt make sense.. i feel bad for the kids/team.

Selective memory. The D got 2 stops in a row before this, and the O couldn't do anything either time.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
giphy.gif

Are you allowed to horse callor tackle a pass rusher?
This play may be why Roof was in such a conservative D on the final drive. We couldn’t run with their receivers.

TromboneJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Doesnt matter. Came down to last possession 1 stop 1 play wins it and cant get it done. We had lead.
We took the lead early in the first half. Having the lead doesn’t mean the offense gets to take the rest of the game off. If the lead had been expanded to 9 by the middle of the fourth quarter (meaning we score one touchdown on one of the drives where we had a quick three-and-out), it wouldn’t have mattered what Miami did on their last drive so long as we recover the onside kick they would have needed to have a chance.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
This play may be why Roof was in such a conservative D on the final drive. We couldn’t run with their receivers.
Please don't vote to bring back the bend but don't break. That long pass is the exact play run by Miami i n 2016. 31 yards @ end of 3rd quarter. I posted earlier that long passes are our weakness against due to giant NFL like receivers. U can't double cover everyone. We have to get pressure .

On last drive I am just asking if we are going to rush only 3 and maybe 4 exhausted d l when holding is not called, could we have one db closer to line of scrimmage than 7 yards . I have pic of each snap.
( So the plan was retreat and keep them in front of u and it worked great till 4th and 10. )

If no , I am ok with that but could the db not stand perfectly still and instead at least act like we may change coverage?
Here's one.
20171015_101655.jpg

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
( So the plan was retreat and keep them in front of u and it worked great till 4th and 10. )

View attachment 2990
Remember it's the job of the coaches to put his players in position to make plays, not make them for them. LS and AJG were in perfect position to make a play on 4th down, they just didn't make it.

We have to keep in mind that football is a team game. The object is to score more points than your opponent. That job is done by both scoring and limiting your opponent's score. If we do either job just a hair better we win.

Losing sucks. Losing by a hair sucks worse. Losing by a hair twice, really sucks.

pelliott

Georgia Tech Fan
I'm not one for excuses, but I think the situation Saturday warrants it. Don't ya'll think zero 4th quarter points is in due part to rain, which negatively impacts running teams much more? Tech's guys just looked so much slower running through the muck, and don't get me wrong so did Miami, but at least they could pass the ball more effectively in their offense to avoid the slow ground game. Thoughts?
BTW I am sure this has been mentioned already, but I don't have time to read through 23 pages of material.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I'm not one for excuses, but I think the situation Saturday warrants it. Don't ya'll think zero 4th quarter points is in due part to rain, which negatively impacts running teams much more? Tech's guys just looked so much slower running through the muck, and don't get me wrong so did Miami, but at least they could pass the ball more effectively in their offense to avoid the slow ground game. Thoughts?
BTW I am sure this has been mentioned already, but I don't have time to read through 23 pages of material.
A wet ball is harder to catch and throw. But I get your drift. It really hurts option teams because coaches are reluctant to call pitches for fear of fumbling. This played right into Miami's scheme of stopping the dive and the qb first and foremost.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I remember seeing this and begging someone to make him stop before he became a meme ...

... too late. Dang internets.

Deleted member 2897

We are 2 plays away from being 5-0. That's not an overstatement, it's exactly how it has gone down.

I didn't think we could find a way to lose that would be more painful than the way the Tennesee game went, but that one was worse. We DESERVED to win today. That 4th and 10 miracle tipped pass catch will frustrate me for a LONG time.

Well, I could play devil's advocate and say that we could be 0-5 right now if not for 237 various plays.

Sorry, I am sick to my stomach, so just trying to lighten the mood.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer

I think the bigger factor was losing Kirvonte.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
I think the bigger factor was losing Kirvonte.
I can understand that, but to me Miami were determined not to let Benson and Marshall beat them. Doing that opened up the outside run which worked Ok the 1st half but once the rain hit the field conditions got worse the outside run was not there OL could not pull. But you could be right that once Benson was out of the game they went to watching the outside run more than in the 1st half.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
I can understand that, but to me Miami were determined not to let Benson and Marshall beat them. Doing that opened up the outside run which worked Ok the 1st half but once the rain hit the field conditions got worse the outside run was not there OL could not pull. But you could be right that once Benson was out of the game they went to watching the outside run more than in the 1st half.

Both played a factor for sure. But I think we just have a tougher time getting yards up the middle with Q than Kirvonte right now. I'm surprised we didn't see Howard, but I'm guessing it has something to do with ball security and we absolutely could not afford to fumble right then.