Marcus Marshall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I think a lot may have changed given the last two weeks for MM. I also think GT took a BB commit to cover their basis just in case.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Where did all the MM transfer talk come from? Was there something out there that I missed? I read it on other boards too and it seemed to pop up out of nowhere.

Where did all the MM transfer talk come from? Was there something out there that I missed? I read it on other boards too and it seemed to pop up out of nowhere.
It popped out of nowhere here too, posted by "John Knows". He CLAIMS that his call on D Rob gives his posts credence. I don't think anybody else on here believes him in the least, if for no other reason that anybody could have called D Rob on not coming to Tech.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Something tells me the UGA version of Stingtalk (which is pretty much all their sites, no?) is giggling at this discussion.

- "See Clem, I done tol' you I could rustle their jimmies. Hyuk, hyuk."

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
This was out of no where but at the same time another poster said they saw a ajc article where his dad said he thought about it earlier in the season. Also another poster close to the program said the same thing.

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
If there is any truth to this, then hopefully CPJ will get in front of it and assure him his future is here at Tech.

ramblinvak

Ramblin' Wreck
http://www.myajc.com/news/sports/college/marshall-improving-in-all-aspects-as-techs-b-back/ns82Q/

"Marshall’s father, Warren, said that as with any young player who goes through adversity, his son had second thoughts about his future at Tech. But Warren and Marcus agree that he is happy and enjoying school. Through it all, Warren said he has advised his son to always respect the process and his role. Johnson said he never saw Marshall act negatively about losing the starting job because “he’s a good kid.”

“It was motivating,” Marshall said. “I felt like everyone wants to be a starter, so that was disappointing. My mindset was to get better for every game and try to prove I could be the starter and help the team any way I could.”

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
It really doesn't bother me if y'all believe me or not that's just what I was told. People transfer all the time for other reasons that academics and playing time related reasons. Marcus is a smart kid, he makes good grades. Do you not think he could start at other places too?

You don't have enough posts to have credibility.

ChasonBaller

on Pastner Polo watch
Something tells me the UGA version of Stingtalk (which is pretty much all their sites, no?) is giggling at this discussion.

- "See Clem, I done tol' you I could rustle their jimmies. Hyuk, hyuk."
lmao!!! best post of the year, I busted out laughing while reading the last paragraph

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Not going to speculate one way or the other but would people really be surprised if he did transfer, especially if Mills comes right back and starts against UGA?

TampaGT

Helluva Engineer
Not going to speculate one way or the other but would people really be surprised if he did transfer, especially if Mills comes right back and starts against UGA?
I think CPJ said MM was going to start

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
If the kid transfers because of competition from Dedrick then that'd be pretty sad. If anything it looks to me like the competition made him a better player. Last year he was explosive with big plays, but was very inconsistent the rest of the time...very few plays where he'd grind out 3-5 yards...Dedrick brought that. Then look, Dedrick gets suspended and all of the sudden we seen Marshall grinding out yards against VT and Virginia. I hope he sticks around, because if we have those guys competing for playing time, I think it will benefit them both AND the team a hell of a lot...

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
If the kid transfers because of competition from Dedrick then that'd be pretty sad. If anything it looks to me like the competition made him a better player. Last year he was explosive with big plays, but was very inconsistent the rest of the time...very few plays where he'd grind out 3-5 yards...Dedrick brought that. Then look, Dedrick gets suspended and all of the sudden we seen Marshall grinding out yards against VT and Virginia. I hope he sticks around, because if we have those guys competing for playing time, I think it will benefit them both AND the team a hell of a lot...

Marshall for his career is averaging 2 more yards per carry than Mills and has had no off the field incidents as far as I can tell. If Mills goes right back to being the starter then it isn't a competition. Competition implies both guys can possible win.

Last year Marshall failed to gain at least 3 yards about 30% of the time (26 carries).
This year, Mills has failed to gain at least 3 yards about 37% of the time (41 carries not including carries at the one or two yard line)
And in case you're wondering Marshall is sitting at about 33% this year. (29 carries)

So tell me again how Mills is bringing the consistent 3 yards that we didn't have last year?

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Marshall for his career is averaging 2 more yards per carry than Mills and has had no off the field incidents as far as I can tell. If Mills goes right back to being the starter then it isn't a competition. Competition implies both guys can possible win.

Last year Marshall failed to gain at least 3 yards , thy 30% of the time (26 carries).
This year, Mills has failed to gain at least 3 yards about 37% of the time (41 carries not including carries at the one or two yard line)
And in case you're wondering Marshall is sitting at about 33% this year. (29 carries)

So tell me again how Mills is bringing the consistent 3 yards that we didn't have last year?
lol half of those stops came from the Clemson game on Dedrick, not really his fault. Also Marshall has regressed this year in the 3 yard range? Shouldn't that tell you maybe teams are trying to stop it more? Not saying it's the case but it sure seemed like it early on. Also take away marshals big plays and let me know what he's averaging? I know the big plays are awesome, but I'm interested in seeing what the difference would be. And I mean big plays when he goes untouched that Dedrick would probably do the same thing on, not ones he created himself. The point in my post is to show numbers dont mean everything, I could even use the excuse Dedrick plus early in the game when the other teams D is fresh and Marshall plays late when the D is worn out, and if you flipped them and their playing time then the numbers could be flipped. Don't get me wrong I really like Marshall and think he's very good but it's pretty clear Dedrick is the more powerful back, which has been stated by our coaching staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.