Marcus Marshall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well being as you have no source of information cited, no evidence to back up your claims, it is expected to be met with a bit of trepidation.

And as to where he could start I would say many other schools would be in the running.
And he would have to sit out a year at any of them, other than FCS schools, and either way, that would be an incredible waste of talent.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Yea I agree none of it adds up. Worse degree and will either have to sit out a year or downgrade to FCS. Unless there’s just some family issues going on requiring him to move closer to home and play somewhere like Elon.

Blumpkin Souffle

Bidly Biddington III
And he would have to sit out a year at any of them, other than FCS schools, and either way, that would be an incredible waste of talent.
Well he does still have a redshirt year to sit out since he played last year as a TFr. I would hope he sticks around as he is arguably our best offensive weapon returning next year, and that his family doesn't think this is the same type of situation as his brother getting benched behind other RBs at ugag.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
It really doesn't bother me if y'all believe me or not that's just what I was told. People transfer all the time for other reasons that academics and playing time related reasons. Marcus is a smart kid, he makes good grades. Do you not think he could start at other places too?
I'm not saying he is but I could see him leaving. Main reason is I heard a post game with him and something was said along the lines of him not starting, and he seemed a little aggravated by his tone and what he said. Now it could have been towards the guys asking the questions but to me it seemed it was more about the playing time. He wants the ball in his hands and if he doesn't start against UGA or get much playing time I wouldn't be surprised if he left, I hope he does not though. I actually thought about him might wanting to leave earlier this year when I heard the post game interview.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
The smart thing to do. Play the odds that Mills is even still on the team next year. Stick it out next year even if he is. Start now towards a path of being able to graduate early so he can go wherever he wants for his senior year.

BigDaddyBuzz

Helluva Engineer
I'm not saying he is but I could see him leaving. Main reason is I heard a post game with him and something was said along the lines of him not starting, and he seemed a little aggravated by his tone and what he said. Now it could have been towards the guys asking the questions but to me it seemed it was more about the playing time. He wants the ball in his hands and if he doesn't start against UGA or get much playing time I wouldn't be surprised if he left, I hope he does not though. I actually thought about him might wanting to leave earlier this year when I heard the post game interview.

I think things have changed since earlier in the year. Surely he sees that Mills may not last.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I think things have changed since earlier in the year. Surely he sees that Mills may not last.
Maybe, but I'm not so sure mills has done anything major to get in big trouble, and it's very possible he grows up between now and next year. This happens often with kids in their first year of college, but they learn their lesson and move on. It's just a matter of if he does this or not.

Ash

Ramblin' Wreck
Main reason is I heard a post game with him and something was said along the lines of him not starting, and he seemed a little aggravated by his tone and what he said.

The only post game I have heard from MM was nothing but "team player, just want to win, what ever it takes".

I'm not saying that it's not possible, and I don't know anything more than anyone else, but I did not get a sour vibe from any time I have heard MM talk about his playing at Tech.

MGTfan

Ramblin' Wreck
Maybe, but I'm not so sure mills has done anything major to get in big trouble, and it's very possible he grows up between now and next year. This happens often with kids in their first year of college, but they learn their lesson and move on. It's just a matter of if he does this or not.

It has nothing to do with Mills doing anything major. If Mills fails another drug test while at Tech, he'll be dismissed from the team.

Major or not, he has 2 strikes, and that means he only gets one more.

ramblinvak

Ramblin' Wreck
I agree. With the production he has put up the last 2 games, you would be crazy to walk away from that for the unknown. I hope someone close to him is giving him good advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.