Marcus Marshall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dustman

Helluva Engineer
Guess I'm the only one I want like to enjoy our win over uga a little longer, why not wait till we have an official announcement.
Yeah I was hoping this was a conversation about the way he ran Saturday. He broke 3 tackles on one run. Anybody got a video of that?

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Yeah, I didn't either, but now this is the second poster who has heard this from a source. Seems like it might have legs...

Jim Prather

Helluva Engineer
While I hope this is not true, it also does not mean the sky is falling. Assume for a moment that we lose both Mills and Marshall... In that scenario, we can move Bruce Jordan Swilling from linebacker to BB. All of a sudden, we now have a 4* running back (who was heavily recruited by LSU to replace Leonard Fournette) playing, and probably starting, at BB. Again this is not the preferred scenario, but it is also not 2015 where we were really hurting for talent at BB.

potatohead

Ramblin' Wreck
i feel like we have an unusually high amount of players that contribute, and start, that elect to transfer. Mike Summers from last year, as the most recent example...but also Beau Hankins and Anthony Harrell as well. Very frustrating, especially after a decent season and hopefully momentum going into next year.

Marshall is an outstanding back and even with Mills, its clear we need to BBacks.

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
He just had a great three game stretch. Maybe(hopefully), it's not necessarily football related. I can respect a guy to live his life and do what's best for him, but if it's just about carries, after he finished the regular season as our leading rusher, ehhh.

MGTfan

Ramblin' Wreck
i feel like we have an unusually high amount of players that contribute, and start, that elect to transfer. Mike Summers from last year, as the most recent example...but also Beau Hankins and Anthony Harrell as well. Very frustrating, especially after a decent season and hopefully momentum going into next year.

Marshall is an outstanding back and even with Mills, its clear we need to BBacks.

I believe Hankins also had a couple of concussions that contributed to his decision.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Yep, the NCAA is adamant about shafting the teenage football players while the coaches play high dollar hopscotch. it is shameful.

mj claz

Jolly Good Fellow
While I hope this is not true, it also does not mean the sky is falling. Assume for a moment that we lose both Mills and Marshall... In that scenario, we can move Bruce Jordan Swilling from linebacker to BB. All of a sudden, we now have a 4* running back (who was heavily recruited by LSU to replace Leonard Fournette) playing, and probably starting, at BB. Again this is not the preferred scenario, but it is also not 2015 where we were really hurting for talent at BB.

We need him at LB

Squints

Helluva Engineer
If he leaves then he leaves. The world keeps on turning. He was fun to watch the past couple of years and I hope he does well wherever he ends up. If not then that's cool too.

melloace

Jolly Good Fellow
Would hate to see him go. The two punch combo of him and Mills reminds me of Laskey and Days. If he does leave the team I could see MLD moving to BB as the home run option. Wasn't that the position he was originally recruited for?

Status
Not open for further replies.