Marcus Marshall Transferring

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Wrong again. Name the starters and leading players that left voluntarily on those teams.

Google is your best friend. If you're going to make a point of saying something absurd to try and single out GT, come with facts. GT isn't going through anything else other college football teams are going through. I follow college football pretty closely, so I'm aware that those schools lose as many front line starters as most other teams. Heck, Tennessee lost their starting All SEC candidate RB MIDSEASON because he wanted to play elsewhere, and Alabama lost their starting QB to transfer after 2 games because a true freshmen took over his spot. I didn't even have to google that...if I did google it, you'd look like what you are...someone who's trying to make somethign out of nothing.

Only at GT does someone make transfers an indictment of the coaching staff and team. SMH...

biojacket06

Georgia Tech Fan
Its pointless to argue who is better. That's really not the point. The point is that contributing players consistently (and voluntarily) leave our program.

Every starter on that list was dismissed.

So? The point is every team deals with attrition. There are 85 scholarships, it is unrealistic to think all 85 of those players will be happy, even starters. Life is complicated.

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
Yep. Now go apologize to him. I stayed out of it.
I shannot. Here was my post at the time:

It was, but I looked at his post history, and the only other time he's posted here was when he was insisting that he knew D Rob personally and that he was not coming to tech.

So, he's either one of two things, a UGA fan who guessed right, or somebody who actually does have some information. Perhaps he does, in fact, Know.

potatohead

Ramblin' Wreck
Google is your best friend. If you're going to make a point of saying something absurd to try and single out GT, come with facts. GT isn't going through anything else other college football teams are going through. I follow college football pretty closely, so I'm aware that those schools lose as many front line starters as most other teams. Heck, Tennessee lost their starting All SEC candidate RB MIDSEASON because he wanted to play elsewhere, and Alabama lost their starting QB to transfer after 2 games because a true freshmen took over his spot. I didn't even have to google that...if I did google it, you'd look like what you are...someone who's trying to make somethign out of nothing.

Only at GT does someone make transfers an indictment of the coaching staff and team. SMH...

not an indictment; a disturbing trend. chill, im not picking on cpj. you know why you know about tennesse rb transferring? (i mentioned that in another post) It was because it WAS a big deal. And guess what tennessee fans recognize that its a big deal, and butch jones will probably be fired.

NOT saying that CPJ is in Butch Jones' position, but how can you use similar examples as it being "normal" when the fact is the only reason you know about it is because its NOT normal. Good lord.

ezbee

Georgia Tech Fan
Potato - That's not even close to being true. Several left when their DC change happened. JJ Green certainly wasn't dismissed.

Obviously dismissals and academic casualties are common, but honestly voluntarily leaving happens to a lot of programs. Playing time, fit, coaching changes...not just us.

ramblinwreck1378

Ramblin' Wreck

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Its pointless to argue who is better. That's really not the point. The point is that contributing players consistently (and voluntarily) leave our program.

Every starter on that list was dismissed.

Might be a millennial thing...you know, instant gratification and all? It seems to happen in college basketball all over the place right now

potatohead

Ramblin' Wreck
So? The point is every team deals with attrition. There are 85 scholarships, it is unrealistic to think all 85 of those players will be happy, even starters. Life is complicated.

Dude, I can't help you read a post. I said Starters and large contributors voluntarily leaving the program is concerning. I don't care about dismissals. Everyone pointing to other programs and their starters leaving know about that because its a big deal. I'm not freaking out about CPJ, I love the guy, but to say its not a bit concerning or maybe a trend seems pretty blind to me.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
not an indictment; a disturbing trend. chill, im not picking on cpj. you know why you know about tennesse rb transferring? (i mentioned that in another post) It was because it WAS a big deal. And guess what tennessee fans recognize that its a big deal, and butch jones will probably be fired.

NOT saying that CPJ is in Butch Jones' position, but how can you use similar examples as it being "normal" when the fact is the only reason you know about it is because its NOT normal. Good lord.

Only "trend" I see involving GT is that our recruiting is probably getting better. That's what is happening at the other schools. They get talented players, other talented players have to sit....and they end up transfering because they don't want to sit.

That's the price GT is paying for recruiting better.

biojacket06

Georgia Tech Fan
Dude, I can't help you read a post. I said Starters and large contributors voluntarily leaving the program is concerning. I don't care about dismissals. Everyone pointing to other programs and their starters leaving know about that because its a big deal. I'm not freaking out about CPJ, I love the guy, but to say its not a bit concerning or maybe a trend seems pretty blind to me.

And I'm telling you to not be concerned because it happens everywhere. It is a systemic trend not unique to GT. It is only a player here and there. If half the starters were leaving I'd agree with you, but a couple over the course of years is not disturbing.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
And I'm telling you to not be concerned because it happens everywhere. It is a systemic trend not unique to GT. It is only a player here and there. If half the starters were leaving I'd agree with you, but a couple over the course of years is not disturbing.

Totally agree. The trend is a lot more prevalent in basketball but is happening in football as well.

Lawyer mark

Jolly Good Fellow
I am bummed he is leaving, but I do believe that the improved recruiting leads to some of this. Highly rated guys think they should always be #1 and always have been, so this should be expected more the better depth we have...

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I've said it before and I'll say it again, this is why we recruit academics first guys. I know Marcus was a good student, but he obviously values football over academics. When guys see football as a means to a great education and preparation for life beyond football, these things don't happen.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.

If Butch gets fired it’s because he lost to both South Carolina and Vandy in a year that he had the East all but wrapped up after a miracle hailmary not in the slightest bit because his starting RB transferred midseason. He also has a habbit of pissing off former players.