Marcus Marshall Transferring

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
I was pretty certain he was gone when the first dude said he was 2 weeks ago. Whenever a rumor starts about a guy transferring from Tech it's pretty much always a done deal. Best of luck to him even if I think he's making a huge mistake both academically and athletically.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I was pretty certain he was gone when the first dude said he was 2 weeks ago. Whenever a rumor starts about a guy transferring from Tech it's pretty much always a done deal. Best of luck to him even if I think he's making a huge mistake both academically and athletically.

Yep. Been following GT sports way too long to know that rumors of guys wanting to transfer always turn out bad for us.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Wow. I hadn't heard the rumors...any idea what is behind his decision to go elsewhere? Is this academic? Related to team rules? Issues with playing time? What?

I am VERY sad to se him go, I thought he was really coming on to be our best B Back and worry about the other guy being able to stay in school at GT.

Why do bad things always happen to us? :-(

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
Too bad. I really liked him as a player and he was really starting to emerge near the end of the season. Would have really liked to see him for 2 more years.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Going to be interesting to see where he ends up. He was an ACC All Academic member last year, so I suspect it's not grades.

He can't transfer inside the ACC, because league rules specify he would need to sit for two years. Even with a redshirt available, that only leaves 1 year. Doubt he goes to UGA...though his sister is going there.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
If he wants more carries it will HAVE to be an FCS school. Any FBS school he runs the risk of being beat out of the job anyways which would make transferring pointless. Not trying to sound mean but he wants carries and doesn’t want to win the job for carries. That screams FCS to me.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
I've never understood this. Part of getting a grant is called "making a commitment". The school makes a commitment and the student athlete makes a commitment.

Folks who invest time and then transfer ... to do what? Get a few more carries? Get a bigger locker? A better looking girlfriend?

Best of luck to him, but I think he may find that the grass is not always greener.