Marcus Marshall Transferring

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
He almost certainly wasn't promised a modified offense. He was told that we wanted to pass more than we had been, which by the way happened under JT back with our base offense. Nevertheless, CPJ did modify the offense. We were actually still more efficient, even when passing, when we ran from our base. So, we went back.
Sorry I should have rephrased "promised".

potatohead

Ramblin' Wreck
Good job only looking at our team.

Thanks? I challenge you to find a team with a similar exodus, I couldn't. Remember how big of a deal it was when A&M lost their QB and Tennessee lost theirs? Its like that, but we've lost more and at more positions.

Glad you think this is normal attrition, but you're wrong. Even if you find examples similar its probably in the context of it not being good.

EDIT: I'm blown away no one else sees this as a disturbing trend. I'm not suggesting to get rid of anyone or its the end of the world, but it doesn't seem good.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
He was one of the MOST impressive recruit interviews I have ever heard. He will be a asset anywhere.Probably got POd about something. If Mills is the problem and Mills gets canned,then PJ played his cards all wrong and we will all pay for it.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
I disagree.

In four years we've lost:
A starting QB
A starting WR
A starting RB
Two potential starting LBers

These are voluntary transfers by the way, I'm not counting those that have to transfer.

Would you rather Vad have played in 2014? I think he gets beat out by Justin anyhow
Summers better than Ricky and Brad?
And I'm going to miss him, but Marcus actually did get beat out by Dedrick, you know...he wasn't the starting BB

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I disagree.

In four years we've lost:
A starting QB
A starting WR
A starting RB
Two potential starting LBers

These are voluntary transfers by the way, I'm not counting those that have to transfer.

This is pretty much the same scenario as Alabama...and UGA...and USC...and LSU...pretty most teams that play college football.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
He was one of the MOST impressive recruit interviews I have ever heard. He will be a asset anywhere.Probably got POd about something. If Mills is the problem and Mills gets canned,then PJ played his cards all wrong and we will all pay for it.
BS. You don’t not play the better player because you think he may get kicked out by the 3 stike rule.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
I used to wonder why he wasn't getting more carries. He should have. So should the other two backs. If anything just to get them reps.

Marcus feels he's a starter. Best of luck Bruh. Although I think it's a mistake.

Em_Jae20

Helluva Engineer
An I the only one who believes Mills will be just fine and finish his entire college career here. He's not the first guy we've had that has gotten in trouble early. Darren Waller made it thru after being in the doghouse early in his tenure here. As for Marcus Marshall I hate to see him go and with him well but I think we'll be fine. Dedrick Mills, KirVonte Benson, Quaide Weimerskirch, and possibly MLD moving back to b-back has me feeling just fine at that position.

biojacket06

Georgia Tech Fan
Thanks? I challenge you to find a team with a similar exodus, I couldn't. Remember how big of a deal it was when A&M lost their QB and Tennessee lost theirs? Its like that, but we've lost more and at more positions.

Glad you think this is normal attrition, but you're wrong. Even if you find examples similar its probably in the context of it not being good.

EDIT: I'm blown away no one else sees this as a disturbing trend. I'm not suggesting to get rid of anyone or its the end of the world, but it doesn't seem good.

No, this "trend" happens to every team. It's normal. Just a simple google search will reveal it. You are suffering from a bias caused by closely following GT and only casually paying attention to everyone else.

Let's look at UGA as just one example. Here is a good article: http://www.bulldawgillustrated.com/class-gutted-uga-football/

MGTfan

Ramblin' Wreck
BS. You don’t not play the better player because you think he may get kicked out by the 3 stike rule.

Exactly. CPJ's job is to play who he thinks gives Tech the best shot to win. Not keep everyone happy with their playing time so someone won't transfer. This isn't middle school ball. If someone is better than you, then they are going to get the snaps.

Brettb98

Georgia Tech Fan
First and foremost im a Tech fan! So thanks for the memories and next man up!! That being said let's not forget Xavier Gant is lurking as well. Best of luck to him...we will be fine

potatohead

Ramblin' Wreck
Would you rather Vad have played in 2014? I think he gets beat out by Justin anyhow
Summers better than Ricky and Brad?
And I'm going to miss him, but Marcus actually did get beat out by Dedrick, you know...he wasn't the starting BB

Its pointless to argue who is better. That's really not the point. The point is that contributing players consistently (and voluntarily) leave our program.
No, this "trend" happens to every team. It's normal. Just a simple google search will reveal it. You are suffering from a bias caused by closely following GT and only casually paying attention to everyone else.

Let's look at UGA as just one example. Here is a good article: http://www.bulldawgillustrated.com/class-gutted-uga-football/

Every starter on that list was dismissed.