Marcus Marshall Transferring

WrexRacer

Georgia Tech Fan
Too bad. Good for him he hasn't taken a red shirt year. That opens up his possibilities.

Hope he at least picks a good school. Something in the B1G or a decent school like ATM.

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
Good luck Marcus. Big loss for us. Anyone who says he's wanting more carries -- is there anything more than speculation to this? I think we're all trying to figure out why because it doesn't make much sense on paper. That's OK. Tech is a great place and he had a great opportunity here, but it's not for everyone. So long as he is professional about it, it's hard for me to be objectively angry at him.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
If he wants more carries it will HAVE to be an FCS school. Any FBS school he runs the risk of being beat out of the job anyways which would make transferring pointless. Not trying to sound mean but he wants carries and doesn’t want to win the job for carries. That screams FCS to me.
maybe he wants tailback carries not bback carries?

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I had heard the rumors also but was really hoping it was not true. This is really disappointing. I was beginning to see the possibilities in this guy being as good as Dwyer. He broke some tough tackles in the uga game and has shown himself to be one of our fastest and shiftiest running backs. I am bummed.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
The moment where some fonts denial becomes the sudden realization they owe other fonts an apology...

:ROFLMAO: I hope you stub your toe today, Techster (kidding).

I don't know about anyone else but I ain't apologizing to anybody. My beef was the fact that guys were rumor mongering and overreacting before anything was official. I felt it was bush league to put the info out there and thereby betray info the kid probably told them in confidence.

That said, I wish the kid well. No need for ill-will (as long as he doesn't end up at u(sic)GA, which is unlikely considering his brother left there kinda unceremoniously). This isn't really surprising as I imagine his brother has probably told him he needs to get more carries to get to the league (which isn't necessarily true).

Techster

Helluva Engineer
:ROFLMAO: I hope you stub your toe today, Techster (kidding).

I don't know about anyone else but I ain't apologizing to anybody. My beef was the fact that guys were rumor mongering and overreacting before anything was official. I felt it was bush league to put the info out there and thereby betray info the kid probably told them in confidence.

That said, I wish the kid well. No need for ill-will (as long as he doesn't end up at u(sic)GA, which is unlikely considering his brother left there kinda unceremoniously). This isn't really surprising as I imagine his brother has probably told him he needs to get more carries to get to the league (which isn't necessarily true).

I rolled my ankle last night playing soccer. I know who to blame now...

IMG_0787.JPG

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
If I were to speculate at all, and I know I shouldn't do this, it would be to wonder if some bad feelings developed when he was forced to sit out some playing time due to fumbling. CPJ is pretty no nonsense when it comes to fumbles but Marshall went from being a starting freshman running back to a spot player. He only got back into the game when Mills was suspended. Even though I saw Marshall winning the job back, or at least getting considerable playing time, he may not ever have forgotten that he got demoted on the team and just not gotten over it.

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
He seems like a good kid. He saw his brother get passed over in Athens and that has to be in the back of his head. This means we absolutely must keep Dedrick out of trouble. There is no backup who can fill that spot like Dedrick and Marcus could. Possibly means Swilling will have a chance at B-Back also

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
The thing that hurts going forward is the lack of homerun threat out the the qb/bback position. With Jet, we could afford a bruiser at Bback because JeT was a homerun threat. We have some Abacks with that ability, but the more the better. Next year will most likely be 3 yds and a cloud of dust.