March Madness Group

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
GA ST has built alot through transfers - Harrow from NCSU, Ware from L'ville, etc and having the coaches (a potential NBA 1st round draft pick) really helps. RJ scored 12 of their final 13 points. Most of the good mid majors will have at least 1 castoff from a power conference team.

Alot of the better mid major teams have talent not that much less than a mid-tier power conference team. The really top talent is largely getting collected in about 10-12 schools. Below them the gradiation of talent is alot less.

I'm interested to see how Hunter does after his son leaves. His record in indiana was somewhat mixed.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
I’m kind of glad UCLA pulled it off though. It helps balance out all the people who picked SMU to beat Iowa St next round.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
11073312_10204882138906353_4801339644771695830_n.jpg

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Xavier becomes the 1st favorite today to cover the spread in their whipping of ole Miss. Have to say my like for Mack continues to grow. That's 4 times in 5 Tourney appearances he has won his first round game - that's a high percentage. If he beats GA ST on Saturday he will make the Sweet Sixteen for the 3rd time in 5 appearances.

Iowwa St failed to score 60 points today for the first time this season - and last season.

UNC is doubling up Harvard early.

THe 3 HC's MBob has had a role in all won today - Mack ,Miller and Matta.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
UNC sweating right now.

Like I always say, if a team can make them run "offense" they're doomed. Roy is the worst "big name" coach in the bidness. JMHO

ETA: Tied at 65, under minute left

Last edited:

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
UNC sweating right now.

Like I always say, if a team can make them run "offense" they're doomed. Roy is the worst "big name" coach in the bidness. JMHO

ETA: Tied at 65, under minute left
They pulled it out. Disagree about Roy though. I think he's a very underrated coach. He probably couldn't coach bad talent but he can coach good talent. Doesn't sound like it makes sense but I really believe some coaches particularly in mid majors thrive with lesser talent and wouldn't be capable of coaching at a big school.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Haven't looked at the bracket once this year. Any good first round games? UGA v MSU is the only one I can think of.