March Madness Group

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
First big upset as UAB beats Iowa St 60-59. Monte Morris misses open three that would have tied it and Iowa St player tips in the miss to make it a 1 pt game.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
I had ISU in my initial final four and then thought, “this team is gonna find a way to screw up somewhere” and went with Duke. Glad I did. Teams that can’t play defense aren’t gonna win scoring under 60. Georges Niang is the achilles heel of that team.

GT22

Georgia Tech Fan
Only able to listen to portions of the UAB game at work, it sounded a lot like a GT game, minus the silly turnovers. Pitiful shooting and a ton of offensive rebounds.
I value a lot of you guys opinions, could there be some similarities with GT next year with more seasoned guard play? It sounds like y'all watch more basketball than I do (used to watch more before kids).
I understand the coach situation, just want to have some optimism...

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Pulling for GA State since the school down the road isn't in the Tourney, and no way I'm rooting for the school up 316 in the cow paddies.

Need a team to root for to make the Tourney fun.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Only able to listen to portions of the UAB game at work, it sounded a lot like a GT game, minus the silly turnovers. Pitiful shooting and a ton of offensive rebounds.
I value a lot of you guys opinions, could there be some similarities with GT next year with more seasoned guard play? It sounds like y'all watch more basketball than I do (used to watch more before kids).
I understand the coach situation, just want to have some optimism...
Are you comparing us to Iowa St or UAB? ISU plays a completely different style from us. Fast pace, high scoring, no defense.

GT22

Georgia Tech Fan
Are you comparing us to Iowa St or UAB? ISU plays a completely different style from us. Fast pace, high scoring, no defense.
I was referring to UAB. They only cut in for portions of the game, but it sounded like bad shooting and several offensive rebounds. I know we need a finisher, but like I said, just searching for some optimism. Thanks

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
There are some teams you can just put into a category of 'gets great talent - rolls the ball out'. Baylor, UNLV, LSU. None of them play any sort of fundamental basketball.
Baylor was up 12 with 2:30 minutes to play and then proceeded to make a series of boneheaded plays that not even GT makes. Multiple TO, missed FT, missed contested dunk (when there was no shot clock and you are up 2). Hunter hit an unbelievable shot - from about 30 ft. 2nd 14 seed to win today.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
One of the great things about college basketball is the "little guys" really do have a chance against the big boys. You just need to win one game in the Tourney...and on to the next round.

Ggee87

Helluva Engineer
I actually picked GA State in my bracket. I was surprised they struggled against Baylor TBH. Good thing Hunter got it in gear. I wish we play that style of defense. Pressure zone and create TOs by the bundles. How can these tiny schools have so much more talent than we do?